adjust ride height suspension

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I am looking at adjustable suspension and the vendors I am looking at is
MCS, JRZ Pro, and KW v3.

The things I have read about MCS is that there's not a spring rate defined but know they do make a solid product so not sure if they are an option but am open to suggestions.

From what I read between the other two, both are really good but the JRZ is around 4500 where as the KW is about 2500. Does anyone have personal knowledge of both and can give an unbiased opinion on which is better for performance and/or features?

Also, Can the adjustable ride height be used to lessen camber when not on the track?

-David
Sponsored

Daytona Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2017 Explorer Sport, Ducati Diavel
Although changing ride weight will change static camber, it isn't really the best way to do it unless you ALSO want to raise ride height anyway. For camber adjustment you want to look at Camber plates. But if you change camber you will probably need to reset the toe in, so It isn't something you want to change back and forth frequently unless you don't mind resetting the alignment every time.

The big difference in the various suspension kits is the quality and valving of the shocks - similar spring rates wont care who made them.

OP
OP

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I forgot to mention it will have camber plates installed.

OP
OP

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
The big difference in the various suspension kits is the quality and valving of the shocks - similar spring rates wont care who made them.
Concerning valving, that is another great question to ask. What would be the targeted valving of the units mentioned?
Are both targeted at beginner to intermediate?

Daytona Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2017 Explorer Sport, Ducati Diavel
Do they have adjustable valving on these kits? Most likely they could be considered an intermediate application, as opposed to a full race shock that would like have an adjustment range that goes much harder.
Sponsored