Sponsored

New Owner

Tabulous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Hi
had my 2016 GT convertible for around 8 weeks now and am itching to get some mods going.

First is the gas hood struts, as the metal hanger rod is so 80s.

Second is strut brace, but sourcing a ford performance part seems difficult....

Third is exhaust, was initially looking at Roush alxe back, but i really like the look of the Mishimoto Race/Pro with Black 4.5" Tips, any one running this with stock resonator ? I know alot will say just go CAT back but, want to do in stages.....maybe the Mishimoto X-Pipe afterward.

Fouth is Cold Air Box and remap :-)
Sponsored

jonrjen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Premium GT, 2013 Taurus SHO, F-350 Crewcab FX4 Lariat 4x4
Had to laugh at your hood rod comment being so 80s, While I won't disagree, I also don't see the dollar spent value in buying and installing the struts when the rod, while being so 80s gets the job done for factory free....lol

Here is where I ordered my FPP strut brace kit from, couldn't find a better price and the customer service is fantastic. Not to mention that they sent me a "code" for free shipping.

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/ford-performance-mustang-strut-tower-brace-p-6290.html

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
hood struts, jacking rails if you work on the car yourself, a strap to lower the trunk, Steeda H pipe resonator delete.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Would a wheel hop kit be a good idea for new s550 mustang owner with IRS braces or g trac ones? Some say it helps the handling.

Sponsored

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
OP
OP

Tabulous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys, will get some pics up, anyone running a California special ? Interested in the boot lid spoiler and sourcing one

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
FYI, rear spoilers for Mustangs are all over E-bay, for suuuuuuper cheap.

I am supportive of the idea that hood struts are nothing but aesthetic. I'd rather spend the money on something that aids the dynamics of the car. Of course the exact same thing can be said of a spoiler.......it's nothing but looks.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
On my 2017 GT I did the following and love it:

GT350R aluminum strut tower brace
Ford Performance hood struts
Steeda low profiile jacking rails
Ford Performance oil catch can
Ford Performance Power pack 1
BMW CB005 cradle lock out with Steeda centering bushings
and waiting to install GT350 half shaft kit

I ordered all the Ford Performance parts from AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake. Prices were awesome and customer service was tops!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tabulous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FYI, rear spoilers for Mustangs are all over E-bay, for suuuuuuper cheap.

I am supportive of the idea that hood struts are nothing but aesthetic. I'd rather spend the money on something that aids the dynamics of the car. Of course the exact same thing can be said of a spoiler.......it's nothing but looks.
agree they are all over ebay, but as i'm UK based the shipping costs are abit crazy lol

arfabe16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Only mods I've done so far are:

- Ford Performance Power Pack 2 (GT350 CAI, GT350 throttle body, and calibration) - HIGHLY recommended, makes the car way more fun even for daily driving
- Ford Performance high flow air filter (manufactured by Airaid) -- way nicer than the paper filter that came with the FP PP2 and permanent/washable
- JLT 3.0 oil separator/catch can - super easy to install, and the can fills about 1/6th of the way even after only 1,000 miles or so!

Tomorrow, I'm getting the following installed:
- MBRP XP Series Street Cat-back: love the fact that it's an H-pipe, as it should sound deeper than most of the X-pipe systems
- BMR cradle lockout kit to reduce wheel hop (someone linked to it above, but I found it for half the price on eBay)
- BMR vertical links with spherical bushings - also for reducing wheel hop; went with spherical/spherical instead of Delrin/spherical or Delrin/Delrin as Delrin is stiffer and leads to more NVH (though it's better if you track your car often)... definitely recommend spherical bushings if it's your daily driver

I definitely think the first mod people want on the 2015-2017 Mustangs is a new exhaust, as the stock one is so quiet. Most people will add a catch can as it's so easy to do and it can only help. After that, it depends on what you want to do. If you just want a more spirited daily driver, you'll probably go with a new calibration/canned tune. If you want a badass daily driver and occasionally *ALLEGEDLY* race people on the street, you'll probably also get a CAI and do some wheel hop reduction.

Beyond that -- e.g., if you're drag racing or tracking your car -- then the mods can be endless.

OP
OP

Tabulous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See alot of people fitting oil catch can, is this a real improvement ? just wonder why Ford did not fit as standard

arfabe16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
See alot of people fitting oil catch can, is this a real improvement ? just wonder why Ford did not fit as standard
Ford doesn’t include it standard because it requires regular maintenance (emptying out) which people wouldn’t do. Not emptying out at least every 5K Miles or so would cause issues, so it’s not worth the hassle and extra cost for them.
Sponsored