2018 Bullitt Mustang (and Features) Confirmed in Window Sticker

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
If I didn’t care about having a Bullitt-correct interior I would have gotten the saddle interior on my Guard GT. Dark green with brown leather is a great combo to me.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Dark green with brown leather is a great combo to me.
Although I'm currently on my 9th yellow car I sure can appreciate that combo too. Actually my trusty old 95 summer toy is Deep Forrest Green with saddle interior and top.
dfg.jpg

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Time to put the Charger in its place.

At the time they did the movie the 440 RT Charger wasted the Mustang in the 390. Even with the enhancements to the drivetrain/engine, Steve McQueen couldn't match the Charger on any straight line, that's for sure. So, in today's market that Charger would be the Hellcat. So, Ford, put a Whipple in the Bullitt. The Hellcat wouldn't stand a chance.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Question you bullitt vets can answer for me, when the ‘01 and ‘08/09 came out were the performance parts on them already offered by ford?

If this one gets some more power I’m assuming the parts will be offered at a later time as stand alone.

The ‘08 did have some internal goodness they made it rev a bit better and eventually became the basis for the ‘10 GT was it??

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I owned a 2009 Bullitt and it was rated at 315 when the GT was rated at 300 HP. The Bullitt came from the factory with a Ford CAI and unique Bullitt tune which adjusted for the octane which was uncommon in 2008 and unique to the Bullitt. It also had a numbered strut brace with the Bullitt emblem on it, a different exhaust both H pipe and axle backs(mufflers). This resulted is a unique exhaust note which was very cool. The shifter knob was unique along with the grille. The axle was the same axle as the GT500: 3.73. The brake calipers were painted a similar color to the wheels which were unique to the Bullitt but the same size as the GT. The suspension was supposed to be different as well. I owned several s197 GTs before the Bullitt and I wasn't impressed with the Bullitts power. When the 2011 Brembo GTs came out (I had one) it was similar only had the GT500 brakes and unique suspension. Ford's performance pack you might call it.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
....When the 2011 Brembo GTs came out (I had one) it was similar only had the GT500 brakes and unique suspension. Ford's performance pack you might call it.
They had more than that;
Radiator.
Suspension.
Brakes.
Wheels.
Tires.
Strut Tower Brace.

And more.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
The 2011 Brembo had the same radiator and all were manual transmissions. 19x9 forged wheels, strut brace, different shocks and springs. Wheels weren't staggered like the GT500s. I didn't like the ride quality and quickly changed to the Tokico adjustables and p springs along with a watts link, different bars and a Roush blower. This is if you are talking about the Brembo. The Bullitt had the GT radiator. Same brakes as the GT but different pads, same rotors and calipers.

Sponsored

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
The tan is the base interior (x00), and the red is the deluxe interior (x01), no?

I wish the upgrade, deluxe interior was offered in more than simply black (with varying stitching colors) or red.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The tan is the base interior (x00), and the red is the deluxe interior (x01), no?

I wish the upgrade, deluxe interior was offered in more than simply black (with varying stitching colors) or red.
no, base interior is cloth and offered in either black or light ceramic (White). The premium is offered in either black, tan, ceramic (white), or showstopper red, with the recaros only being offered in black or red leather

Last edited:

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
no, base interior is cloth and offered in either black or light ceramic (White). The premium is offered in either black, tan, or showstopper red, with the recaros only being offered in black or red leather
Premium is Red, Blue and Black.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
They had more than that;
Radiator.
Suspension.
Brakes.
Wheels.
Tires.
Strut Tower Brace.

And more.
The 2011 Brembo had the same radiator and all were manual transmissions. 19x9 forged wheels, strut brace, different shocks and springs. Wheels weren't staggered like the GT500s. I didn't like the ride quality and quickly changed to the Tokico adjustables and p springs along with a watts link, different bars and a Roush blower. This is if you are talking about the Brembo. The Bullitt had the GT radiator. Same brakes as the GT but different pads, same rotors and calipers.
IIRC there was a track package that had the stuff you’re talking about, but also a brembo package that just added the brakes and the track pack wheels, no other parts from the track package carried over.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Question you bullitt vets can answer for me, when the ‘01 and ‘08/09 came out were the performance parts on them already offered by ford?
A Ford Racing intake manifold part was reworked for the '01 Bullitt. A larger throttle body was adapted to work with the manifold, and the engine calibration was specific to the Bullitt because of those parts.

If this one gets some more power I’m assuming the parts will be offered at a later time as stand alone.
None of the parts mentioned above were offered as a Ford aftermarket option. Those parts, along with the supporting items changed to install these on the standard GT 2-valve, would have been Ford service parts.

The ‘08 did have some internal goodness they made it rev a bit better and eventually became the basis for the ‘10 GT was it??
The crank dampener was revised to facilitate the higher RPM, along with an engine calibration done also. I believe I read that a Ford engineer said the internal oiling in the block was different to help with the power potential also.
Sponsored