Sponsored

Used GT350 @ Fred Beans? DONT BOTHER

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I showed up at 3:30 with an appointment to test drive a 2016 GT350. That part went great.

Go back to get an estimate on my trade and run numbers. Wait forever for them to look at my trade, and they come back a LITTLE under what I expected, no big deal. Price still seems fair to me.

Then they bring out some paper that is an "example" of price ranges with and estimated 5k down and 9.99% APR.... wtf... I tell them what I want to put down and that I want my credit run to see what REAL APR and numbers would be. NO idea why they brought out fake numbers at all without asking me anything.

I FINALLY get a credit app and fill it out. I expect to be higher than my local Credit Union but figure I'll check to be sure. It was over 3 hours since when I walked in initially when I walked out, and they had STILL not given me an estimated APR OR payment price based on my credit score. Nor did I ever actually MEET anyone running the numbers. Or bring up the fact that it was missing the car cover that was on the windows sticker or that the previous owner had swapped shift knobs.

EDIT: 6 hours after I first arrived at the dealership, and 3 hours after I left it, they finally text me to tell me they got me an APR.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
Typical stealership act. Get cash from your bank and then only deal with your trade/their price. Don’t worry about the cover. When you can’t drive it, you’re still gonna wanna look at it.

OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Typical stealership act. Get cash from your bank and then only deal with your trade/their price. Don’t worry about the cover. When you can’t drive it, you’re still gonna wanna look at it.
Yes, but I just wanted something to put on it in winter or a hard storm. I don't have a garage.

Dexter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Yeah, the local PA dealerships around here were a PITA to deal when I was looking last Fall. I ended up purchasing in NJ. It was literally the fastest transaction I’ve ever had buying a car. Hope you find one soon

OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Yeah, the local PA dealerships around here were a PITA to deal when I was looking last Fall. I ended up purchasing in NJ. It was literally the fastest transaction I’ve ever had buying a car. Hope you find one soon
Wait, not Dexter from Teamzx2 Are you?

Sponsored

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
Not sure the cover is meant for outside/long-term use. A buddy had his indoor and always-covered 2017 Corvette’s wire harnesses devoured by rats. $14K later, it’s back in his shop sans cover, with Christmas tree lights constantly illuminated in the engine bay.

OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Not sure the cover is meant for outside/long-term use. A buddy had his indoor and always-covered 2017 Corvette’s wire harnesses devoured by rats. $14K later, it’s back in his shop sans cover, with Christmas tree lights constantly illuminated in the engine bay.
I haven't seen it to know. I just figure it would help keep branches from going against it in the wind, or prevent brush scratches in clearing snow off. I could always put a tarp over it as a second later if needed. I did that with my Mach1.

OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Get your financing arranged first. Now you’re going to have to do a second credit app with your bank. You could just use cars.com for the finance calculator. You would’ve had a monthly payment idea in less than a minute.

Sponsored
OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
You spent 6 hrs at a dealer? Seriously? Then walked away.... wow.
3 hours there. Then 3 hours later they sent me a text with a rate.

OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Get your financing arranged first. Now you’re going to have to do a second credit app with your bank. You could just use cars.com for the finance calculator. You would’ve had a monthly payment idea in less than a minute.
Oh I know what I'm expecting the payment to be. They finally came back with a rate the same as my bank, but it took them almost 6 hours to get it.

I should have never wanted to see if they would beat my bank.

Last edited:

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Oh I know what I'm expecting the payment to be. They finally came back with a rate the same as my bank, but it took them almost 6 hours to get it.

I should have never wanted to see if they would beat my bank.
As stated above, ALWAYS get preapproval from your bank. The dealership is then highly motivated to do better and get it done quick.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Yes, but I just wanted something to put on it in winter or a hard storm. I don't have a garage.
You’re better off w a covercraft or other aftermarket in your situation. I certainly wouldn’t want the Ford cover to be a deal breaker for a car I really wanted..Get to Northern NE, PM me, and I’ll show you what I’m talking about...

As for the experience at the dealership, you didn’t drive the bus. You gave them too much to screw you on. Bring your cash, financing if needed, have your bottom line price on the car you want, agree w dealer on said price then drive hard on the trade in amount (that you’ve already researched and know what your bottom line is). ALWAYS be prepared to walk..
Sponsored