Sponsored

Gen 3 2.9L Whipple S550 Dyno Results - Video -

Bluustang71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT Premium PP CAI w/tune
Just got back from dyno today...finished my install last week. Stage 2 Gen 3 kit from pbd. 3.75 pulley. 93 octane. Longtubes and no cats. Could of made more if I pulled to 8k but more then happy!
Capture.JPG
Sponsored

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6

Sponsored

Swedish Meatballs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium - California Special
Just needed to say, now that the weather has been a bit better here in south Indiana, that THIS IS SO MUCH FUN TO DRIVE. Like every day I can't wait for it to get to temperature so that, just in case there's an opportunity, I can hit it and just blast off and feel the insane pull.

Actually traction isn't as bad as I thought it would - granted I haven't turned off the TC etc. but just in regular mode and with a few MPH on the speedometer it takes off just great. All 4 wheels planted it's a bit different naturally but I'm quite pleased with the handling.

Anyone considering getting one of these kits - What are you waiting for???

:D

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just needed to say, now that the weather has been a bit better here in south Indiana, that THIS IS SO MUCH FUN TO DRIVE. Like every day I can't wait for it to get to temperature so that, just in case there's an opportunity, I can hit it and just blast off and feel the insane pull.

Actually traction isn't as bad as I thought it would - granted I haven't turned off the TC etc. but just in regular mode and with a few MPH on the speedometer it takes off just great. All 4 wheels planted it's a bit different naturally but I'm quite pleased with the handling.

Ive been tossing over just getting the stage 1 kit after seeing the results on this thread, Im not chasing huge numbers or 1/4mi times, hell I'll likely never go to the track, I just want a strong street car thats fun!

OP
OP
Trevor@FatFab

Trevor@FatFab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo GT350

We are glad to hear that you are happy with the car! :thumbsup:

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Ive been tossing over just getting the stage 1 kit after seeing the results on this thread, Im not chasing huge numbers or 1/4mi times, hell I'll likely never go to the track, I just want a strong street car thats fun!
X2

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Do not! I repeat, DO NOT! skip out on the large throttle body.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Can you expand on why?
From my understanding.... other than the increase in HP. It’s just a lot of air to run through that small orifice. Can be a little touchy......

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Can you expand on why?
Sorry but its just so many reasons. The 132 flows better and is calibrated better than the stock. This is from Whipple it just runs smoother. I know you say you don't care about power, but it opens many doors to have the larger 132mm later if things change which often they do. The other is it just looks bad ass compared to the stock TB and adapter. The stock throttle body looks like shit on the front of the Whipple in my opinion.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Sorry but its just so many reasons. The 132 flows better and is calibrated better than the stock. This is from Whipple it just runs smoother. I know you say you don't care about power, but it opens many doors to have the larger 132mm later if things change which often they do. The other is it just looks bad ass compared to the stock TB and adapter. The stock throttle body looks like shit on the front of the Whipple in my opinion.
If you upgrade the throttle body, wouldn't you have to upgrade the injectors? In that case your just better off going with the Stage 2 kit? :shrug: With the 15% off deal, the difference in $$$ is around $700-$800 between the kits. To upgrade the throttle body alone is $600 I believe?
Sponsored