Sponsored

Good deal on some McGard lugs

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
I know this is a dead thread, but just in case someone comes across it. I would NOT recommend this purchase. I would be leary of locking lug of this style. I do not think they are designed for our high torque specification.

I only use hand tools, no impact, and torque to factory spec (148 lb. ft.). I've had them on and off a couple times without issue, but after being on for over a month straight two of the locks really locked on. I spun the key trying to remove them. I bought a new key directly from McGard and that one spun the same lock.

I had to resort to pounding a socket over them and use brute force to remove them. They now reside in the trash can.
Wheel locks low.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I've never used the locks, but I don't live anywhere that I'd have to worry about my wheels being stolen.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Sorry to dig up an old post but the eBay seller still has these listed. Are they spline drive or typical hex drive with a keyed locking but? Your photos look like spline drive but the eBay listing looks like the normal type with 4 special design wheel locks. Also, will these work on factory wheels?

Thanks

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Sorry to dig up an old post but the eBay seller still has these listed. Are they spline drive or typical hex drive with a keyed locking but? Your photos look like spline drive but the eBay listing looks like the normal type with 4 special design wheel locks. Also, will these work on factory wheels?

Thanks
The ones I got were spline, but I'd go by the eBay image. Got a link?

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
The ones I got were spline, but I'd go by the eBay image. Got a link?
I followed the link in the first post here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-AL...ash=item3d58c4661d:g:Bl0AAOSwB-1YvyHD&vxp=mtr

The picture makes it looks as if the kit has spline drive lugs with 4 locking style. just wondering if it includes 20 spline drive lugs plus the 4 lockers or if its only 16 plus 4.

Also, I know you were using these on aftermarket wheels, will they work on the OEM wheels as well?

Thanks

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I followed the link in the first post here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-AL...ash=item3d58c4661d:g:Bl0AAOSwB-1YvyHD&vxp=mtr

The picture makes it looks as if the kit has spline drive lugs with 4 locking style. just wondering if it includes 20 spline drive lugs plus the 4 lockers or if its only 16 plus 4.

Also, I know you were using these on aftermarket wheels, will they work on the OEM wheels as well?

Thanks
I don't know why you'd want to use them on OEM wheels. I think it'd be fine if the seat was the same?

The kit came with 16 spline drive and 4 lockers. I didn't use the lockers, so I bought a set of 4 extra McGard spline drive lugs separately.
Sponsored