Sponsored

Ikon Replacement Front Chin Spoiler

All4ford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Deep Impact Blue
Ikon Motorsports replacement front chin spoiler. Purchased from eBay for $99 Shipped.

Installation: Remove front bumper, remove factory chin spoiler, Ikon splitter lays over top the factory chin spoiler, match up your holes and drill holes into ikon splitter, place front bumper back on top of chin spoiler & splitter and start reinstalling.

Now sounds easy enough but the fitment is not great and the ikon mold is not perfect or snug over top the oem chin spoiler. Overall it is cheap and a diy installation process. But I like the way it looks installed and it is stationed securely with no movement. It is hard to clean and shin up only because it is smooth untextured plastic but it would be ready to paint if needed.
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg
image5.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Why not upload them as attachments? If you go to post, advanced, you have an option to attach images to your post.

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
w9fd4j.jpg

15odzr6.jpg

These are the only 2 that worked.

OP
OP

All4ford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Deep Impact Blue
Had a lot of compliments on the new splitter out driving. Still holding up.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Is this supposed to fit over the PP splitter or just the base?

Sponsored

Gurjit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium performance pack
looks good

notstok5.0

IG: notstok5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT
Vehicle Showcase
Fit isn't actually too bad on this. To install you need to fully remove your OEM splitter - this helps you line it up and put the necessary holes in (lay the oem splitter in this splitter on the ground). You'll need to put in all the upper holes that mount to the bumper. I used a solder gun tip instead of a drill and just put the holes in place. Once its mounted it sits over your oem splitter. It's thin but doesn't look too bad. I just wish it was factory texture instead of smooth and shiny.

Sponsored

GreenGuardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
A can of trim and bumper paint would do the trick, would help the texture and make it not shiny.

American

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT / 17 GT350
Just installed mine on my PP. Fitment isn't perfect (around the fender liners, etc.) but it sure looks nice. Came without instructions. Purchased from s550parts on instagram for $95 shipped.

It doesn't fit over the PP lip. On the PP, the OEM lip is actually two pieces. Drill out the two rivets and remove the "skeleton" support brace from the lip. Transfer it to the new lip. Slip it on the bumper, center, and drill holes to match up with the OE screw locations. I ended up using the OE hardware in the original locations with no tape. This method allows you to use the OE belly pan, however it doesn't completely cover the underside on the outer edges. Not a big deal IMO. As far as the appearance, I love it. The lines match the car perfectly.

36185344261_3e3f1562e6_b.jpg

Mustang1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
How much lower does is sit compared to stock? Is there a side view that shows the whole car?

Errmax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 16 F150, 16 Triumph STRx
Looks good. I ordered this chin last month and haven't installed it yet. great info guys. if anyone wants to order it just type in S550 Ikon chin spoiler on Ebay/Amazon or go to IKONmotorsports website.

Mustang1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Looks good. I ordered this chin last month and haven't installed it yet. great info guys. if anyone wants to order it just type in S550 Ikon chin spoiler on Ebay/Amazon or go to IKONmotorsports website.
I looked on ebay, amazon, and even ikonmotorsports and never found it. I'm not looking to buy it, now anyways, but idk I don't see it in case anyone else wants it.
Sponsored