Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

Kuronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
After I turn the air conditioning OFF, air is still blowing based on the last setting that was on. Anyone else have this problem?

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
After I turn the air conditioning OFF, air is still blowing based on the last setting that was on. Anyone else have this problem?
Yeah, that isn't really a "problem," it's just not closing the fresh air vent. Put it in recirculate mode before turning it off, and it will stop.

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
Is there a way to download Apple Music? I tried searching for it on the Play Store and couldn't find it.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
If you can bring up the forum on a browser, try this Play Store link.

And if that doesn't work, fuck them just download the APK yourself from APKMirror.
The APK method worked like a charm!! Thank you!! The music actually sounds alot better and the sound is refined when played directly off the tesla screen.

vapor619

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang S550
Hello everyone I am new to the community and just installed a Gen 2 Tesla Style Head Unit in my 2015 Ecoboost Mustang (Non Performance Pack). Its in and working I was just wondering if you guys could answer a few questions.

1. I wired in the gauges as outlined on http://stangatx.ml/ My question is how do I get the gauges to show on the screen? Mine only shows the speed and time.

2. My unit is on Android 4.4 so I gather i need some updates. I sent a PM to StangAtx to get access to his Tesla's APK Manager. I haven't heard back is there any other way to get those updates?

3. I installed the Myapps.apk from StanAtx and it just crashes. Is that because i need updates or do I need root access?

4. For some reason my unit has a password on developers options? Its not one of the passwords from the other menus. Is there anyway to reset the unit like you would your phone?

Thanks again for any help.

WavnAtCha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium High Performance Package Outlaw #028
Vehicle Showcase
I have more priorities lately and family come first! I still have update on my desktop and 90% done. Just a few more tweak and it will need to be compiled)
Following. Missed ya buddy.

Sponsored

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
1. I wired in the gauges as outlined on http://stangatx.ml/ My question is how do I get the gauges to show on the screen? Mine only shows the speed and time.
It should only show speed and perhaps tachometer. I don't remember explicitly, but the PP gauges do not show on the unit.

2. My unit is on Android 4.4 so I gather i need some updates. I sent a PM to StangAtx to get access to his Tesla's APK Manager. I haven't heard back is there any other way to get those updates?
He's pretty busy. If it shows 4.4 you definitely need an update.

3. I installed the Myapps.apk from StanAtx and it just crashes. Is that because i need updates or do I need root access?
Both. You need to update to the latest version, then root before installing the custom apps, because they are replacing system apps. If you're not Android Savvy, you'd be better off leaving it alone, since there is little-to-no aftermarket support since the 2 guys who were supporting the software stopped.

4. For some reason my unit has a password on developers options? Its not one of the passwords from the other menus. Is there anyway to reset the unit like you would your phone?

The password is in this thread somewhere. The search function is your friend here.

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
He didn't want that made public. Also, OP was asking about developer options password, which is in the thread.

Giving out the UN and PW of a private site is no bueno.

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
Correct. Not a good move.

I've never seen the Dev Op password. He said he has a work around, but that was it as far as I remember.

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
I'll try that just for giggles. I wanted to reduce the animations a while back. I got Nova Prime for free years ago lol
Sponsored