Sponsored

BULLITT

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I thought the Bullit is a 2019 spec GT with an extra 11kw. Can not see any problems bringing that in . Also my dealer principal informs me Ford Aust is trying to get them.Since OZ is the second biggest market for mustangs they just might decide to give us RHD Bullit.
Yeah well believing what dealers say is just stupid, until Ford AU actually come out and say yes they are coming I would ignore the FUD

Same was said about the gt350 yet it never came.

You guys are way too gullible.
Sponsored

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
They can give it the bullitt. Don't really care. It's a putrid colour anyway. Give us the GT350 or better still, the 500.

OP
OP
radar

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
It won’t happen.

For a multitude of reasons, which the biggest one is that it’s not even legal to register in Australia, it does not meet several ADRs and doesn’t come close to meeting emissions.
Not doubting your knowledge- but why would it not be legal - other than RHD and Oz compliance issues.

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
I would like those wheels though!

Race Red GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Racered
They can give it the bullitt. Don't really care. It's a putrid colour anyway. Give us the GT350 or better still, the 500.
Steve Mcqueen and Bullit IS where it all started for me. I was 15, Falcon GT's,McQueen's 68 fastback then along came Moffat and his fabulous Coca Cola 69 Mustang.I guess you missed all that.I get a buzz everytime I jump in one.

Sponsored

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Not doubting your knowledge- but why would it not be legal - other than RHD and Oz compliance issues.
Things like the different tune will alter emissions, the taillights, the bonnet etc, it would have to be an EU compliant mustang (ie what we get now) with the wheels, paint and rear boot deck. So it won’t be a builtt

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Steve Mcqueen and Bullit IS where it all started for me. I was 15, Falcon GT's,McQueen's 68 fastback then along came Moffat and his fabulous Coca Cola 69 Mustang.I guess you missed all that.I get a buzz everytime I jump in one.
Ok, so bullitt wasn't my "era". But I can't stand that colour and it's nothing special over standard either for me. But I really like the new Tickford Moffat Mustang or the red one, done by M/M. My era is more 80s when Ford had FA and the Blue VK Group A was the biz. Also a fan boy of XA/B/C coupes though. Loved those cobras and the XB/C in Moffat livery. The original bullitt had a much bigger than standard V8 with an appropriate power increase. This new one doesn't live up to that over a standard GT.

Last edited:

ShadowMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Ford Mustang Fastback
McQueen Bullitt Mustang

:ford:
From what I have read, the McQueen Bullitt Mustang will not be made in RHD AUS/EURO spec, so it is highly unlikely we will ever the BM DownUnder, unless it is LHD. Yes, I would certainly like to get may hands on a set of the Bullitt wheels which are 19 x 9 at all corners. Maybe they will become available through American Muscle or C J Pony Parts.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
:ford:
From what I have read, the McQueen Bullitt Mustang will not be made in RHD AUS/EURO spec, so it is highly unlikely we will ever the BM DownUnder, unless it is LHD. Yes, I would certainly like to get may hands on a set of the Bullitt wheels which are 19 x 9 at all corners. Maybe they will become available through American Muscle or C J Pony Parts.
I'm not sure if the Bullit has that much awareness/following down here. Like, say a Shelby or Boss, Mach1, Elanor etc. Correct me if I'm wrong. Please excuse the fact that I had to look it up, to check the specs and history. looks like it was a serious car, in it's time, regardless of the movie. I'm sure you will be able to get those wheels or knock off's at some point.

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I strongly suspect that we won't get the Bullitt - having said that, I didn't think we were getting reversing sensors either.
humble-pie.png

I ate the first slice, but there's plenty to go around!

Based on some of the comments made in this thread, we may need to open a bakery.

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
Things like the different tune will alter emissions, the taillights, the bonnet etc, it would have to be an EU compliant mustang (ie what we get now) with the wheels, paint and rear boot deck. So it won’t be a builtt
And ... ?

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
It is definitely coming to OZ. See article in Drive in SMH, in link above. intake manifold from the Shelby GT350 featuring 87mm throttle bodies as well as an active exhaust system, a revised engine management system and a cold air intake that elevate peak outputs to 354kW and 570Nm plus all go fast options as standard, so expect a premium price. Also with a 8ball gear shifter so maybe only manual, but seems a lot of potential 2018 buyers want the 10 speed auto (with good reason).

I don't mind the colour but will be interested in the price.

XR6VCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual Mustang GT
Very interested to see what price it lands for in Aus and how many come into the country.

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
Yes the price, the price, the price ! ?
Sponsored