Sponsored

S550 Lap Times (Road Course)

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Thanks! ...and indeed. The reality is that a 16 still won't be fast enough. When the fully prepped TT3 C5 Corvettes with good drivers show up, they'll be running 1:13s. All good though. While I enjoy chasing times, I'm content with having fun and trying to push my current setup farther. Someone will always be faster.
You ever do mid ohio?
Sponsored

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I ran Road Atlanta with NASA back in December. Not my best weekend. For a number of reasons, I only logged about 10 laps all weekend. I was hoping to break into the 35's, but not in the cards. Maybe next year.

Make/Model/engine/trans/packages: 2016 Ford Mustang GT base w/ PP
Track/Course: Road Atlanta
Best Lap Time: 1:37.1(via transponder and video data)
Brakes: stock performance package calipers and rotors, Hawk DTC-70 front, DTC-30 rear pads, Castrol SRF fluid
Wheels: Apex EC-7 18x11 squared
Tires : Hoosier A7's, 315/30/18
Suspension: aFe/pfadt coilovers and sway bars, Steeda RCA bearing, FRPP knuckle bearing, BMR cradle lockout and vertical links
Other Mods: GT350 IM, JLT intake, lund tune, APR front splitter, kognition wing, velox diffuser, borla ATAK with resonator.

38939472365_9ad28c70d0_k.jpg
Screenshot_20180122-104639 by Brent Dalton, on Flickr

First time using the Garmin Virb 30 and had it positioned too low unfortunately
Nice, one of my favorite tracks, I used to race motorcycles there and love that track.

Also have a suggestion for you, don't do that turn 5 downshift, its probably unsettling the car and killing momentum through that turn. Rather try carry the extra momentum through the turn, you're shifting back up at the top of the hill anyway, so I'm sure it'll be smoother and faster to skip that shift. Worked on my Yamaha R1.............so might work on 4 wheels too.

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Thanks, Rob! I started out a couple years ago with the 275s keeping it in 4th, but discovered (through my traqmate), that it was faster downshifting to 3rd in 5. With the 315s and stickier tires, if is def. worth another look to see if I can carry the necessary speed through 5 now. Just didn't have the laps to experiment that weekend.

Sponsored

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Thanks, Rob! I started out a couple years ago with the 275s keeping it in 4th, but discovered (through my traqmate), that it was faster downshifting to 3rd in 5. With the 315s and stickier tires, if is def. worth another look to see if I can carry the necessary speed through 5 now. Just didn't have the laps to experiment that weekend.
I have tried it both ways and I have found that if you are using the exit curb at 5 and can carry the wider arc then you are better off staying in the higher gear and focus on carrying speed through the apex. If your car is like my car and does not like the exit curbing at 5 then the downshift is needed to have the proper gearing to carry the car up the hill. I do not feel the downshift going into 5 upsets the car but it does make for a lot of things to juggle in a very short distance.

Since I have been running the mustang I have had to change my approach to turn 5 and make the apex much later than I use to run it in my NSX. The NSX could care less about the exit curbing at the top of the hill and I would often carry the car with all four wheels up on the curb, but the Mustang does not like to use that curb at all. Even two wheels on the curb upsets the car so I avoid it.

YMMV, Great laps Brent! The car sounds fantastic.

Dave

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Thanks Dave! That's good to know.

Maybe we can all meet up at Road Atlanta in December or 2019. It'd be fun to run around track with you and Rob/Plimmer.

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Thanks Dave! That's good to know.

Maybe we can all meet up at Road Atlanta in December or 2019. It'd be fun to run around track with you and Rob/Plimmer.
I know I am doing NCM on April 14-15th with MVP if anyone wants to get together, I just do not know what I will be driving yet.

I almost always do the Nov event with MVP at Atlanta, This year it is Nov 17th-18th. It always sells out and usually it is sold out by Aug so plan ahead. As of now I will be there with my new car and at least one of my other builds possibly two. So far both owners say they want to do Atlanta this year and since I was planning to go anyway it makes it easier for me to offer track side support for my customers.

It will be kind of cool to see three of my builds running together, add in a few more S550s and that will be epic. We will be able to hunt as a pack!

http://www.mvptracktime.com/

Dave

bellwilliam

bellwilliam
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
Make/Model/engine/trans/packages: 2017 GT350R
Track: ACS Roval, California Speedway
Best Lap Time: 1:48.18
Brake Pads: stock
Tires (Size & Model): 305 / 325 /30/19 Goodyear 3r (ZL1 1LE tires, cheaper)
Suspension: stock
Other Mods: front camber plate, alignment of -3.5 / -2.0
Date: 2/17/18

103a7p2.png

2z4l195.jpg

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Thats the inside

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Tires (Size & Model): 305 / 325 /30/19 Goodyear 3r (ZL1 1LE tires, cheaper)
Suspension: stock
Other Mods: front camber plate, alignment of -3.5 / -2.0
Date: 2/17/18
That is a lot of front camber for a street tire, that is more than I run on a full racing slick!

Dave

bellwilliam

bellwilliam
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
this was a heavy braking track (worst of all the tracks in the west, 3 braking zones all sheds off 75-100mph). at Willow Springs Raceway, outside treads corded within 2 sessions (with -3.5 camber) on a brand new tire. So it is a balance thing, very track oriented.

toe is zero. it is a strut thing with heavy braking imo.
Sponsored