Sponsored

Ford Racing Touring Cat-back Exhaust (Pics & Video)

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I installed the Ford Racing Touring Cat-back Exhaust this weekend. Here are some pics that I took along with a before and after video.

I imagine the sound will change a bit after it is broken in.

First some pics.

Factory Exhaust:

Ford Racing Touring Exhaust:

Video of stock exhaust.

Video of Ford Racing Touring Cat-back.

CJ Pony Parts Video of Touring Cat-back system
Sponsored

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black/Saddle.
Nice but I wish the tips were slanted

Sponsored

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
How much horsepower do expect to gain? Do you feel any difference in throttle response when you get on with the Ford Racing Touring Cat-back Exhaust? Any drone noise? Where did you purchase the Exhaust from? sorry for all the questions. It sounds great. Thanks

stang6515

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
1965 Fastback, 2019 GT350, 2022 Mach 1 w/HP
I installed the Ford Racing Touring Cat-back Exhaust this weekend. Here are some pics that I took along with a before and after video.

First some pics.

Factory Exhaust:

http://s558.photobucket.com/user/dwaleke/media/DSC_0744.jpg.html

http://s558.photobucket.com/user/dwaleke/media/DSC_0927.jpg.html

http://s558.photobucket.com/user/dwaleke/media/DSC_0941.jpg.html

http://s558.photobucket.com/user/dwaleke/media/DSC_0945.jpg.html

http://s558.photobucket.com/user/dwaleke/media/DSC_0946.jpg.html

Why did you pick the touring over the sport catback, if you don't mind me asking?

Also, Do you have to destroy the stock exhaust getting it off?

I am looking at doing the ford racing exhaust but unsure if I want to go for the sport or touring version. thanks

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
:thumbsup: Think I found my exhaust! Thanks for posting.

OP
OP

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
How much horsepower do expect to gain? Do you feel any difference in throttle response when you get on with the Ford Racing Touring Cat-back Exhaust? Any drone noise? Where did you purchase the Exhaust from? sorry for all the questions. It sounds great. Thanks
Not sure on HP. I went with it mostly to drop weight, give it a nicer sound, and to add the more efficient X pipe. I have a Roush Ford Racing Supercharger on order so not too concerned about HP until I get that on it.

I haven't driven it yet. Roads are a mess and the car is clean. Probably drive it in the next few days and I can comment on how it is on the road.

I bought it from a dealership online for ~$1050. Pretty sure Jay @ Hypermotive can match or beat that price if you PM him. Same thing for American Muscle. You have to contact them though.

Why did you pick the touring over the sport catback, if you don't mind me asking?

Also, Do you have to destroy the stock exhaust getting it off?

I am looking at doing the ford racing exhaust but unsure if I want to go for the sport or touring version. thanks
Stock exhaust just unbolts and comes down. You can put it back on without any indication you removed it (if you wanted).

I went with the Touring over the Sport because I wanted something a little more tame. There were videos of the Sport but nothing on the Touring (except axle back, but that makes it a completely different system). The sport sounds good, but figured something a bit quieter would be more my style. To be honest I thought the Touring would be quieter than it is. Still pretty loud, but I like it.

Thank you everyone for the feedback. I will follow up with driving impressions in the next few days. Everything should dry out by Tuesday and then I'll take the car to work. I drive 40 miles one way so after a few days of driving the exhaust should be fully broke-in.

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic

First some pics.

Factory Exhaust:

Video of stock exhaust.

Video of Ford Racing Touring Cat-back.

Sounds great, and looks much better than the stock do from the rear! How big is that box that everything came in? The reason I ask is I want to be able to put it in the car when I take it to the garage I'll be using to do the install, I don't want to make two trips or have someone else have to bring them in my SUV.

Sponsored

texasgator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Magnetic/Redline
Thank you for posting. I have been on the fence about this one for weeks hoping to hear more examples. I am looking for a good rumble but don't want it to be too loud. I was worried that the touring would not provide enough volume to be noticeably different from stock, but that seems to not be the case. Looks like I may need to pull the trigger.

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
Not sure on HP. I went with it mostly to drop weight, give it a nicer sound, and to add the more efficient X pipe. I have a Roush Ford Racing Supercharger on order so not too concerned about HP until I get that on it.

I haven't driven it yet. Roads are a mess and the car is clean. Probably drive it in the next few days and I can comment on how it is on the road.

I bought it from a dealership online for ~$1050. Pretty sure Jay @ Hypermotive can match or beat that price if you PM him. Same thing for American Muscle. You have to contact them though.

Stock exhaust just unbolts and comes down. You can put it back on without any indication you removed it (if you wanted).

I went with the Touring over the Sport because I wanted something a little more tame. There were videos of the Sport but nothing on the Touring (except axle back, but that makes it a completely different system). The sport sounds good, but figured something a bit quieter would be more my style. To be honest I thought the Touring would be quieter than it is. Still pretty loud, but I like it.

Thank you everyone for the feedback. I will follow up with driving impressions in the next few days. Everything should dry out by Tuesday and then I'll take the car to work. I drive 40 miles one way so after a few days of driving the exhaust should be fully broke-in.
Just providing a shout out for Jayman33 and HyperMotive! He did me a solid deal on the Cat back I just ordered, if you have any needs you should contact him. Good deals! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

KenD29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Sounds great, and looks much better than the stock do from the rear! How big is that box that everything came in? The reason I ask is I want to be able to put it in the car when I take it to the garage I'll be using to do the install, I don't want to make two trips or have someone else have to bring them in my SUV.
I am going to guess the touring is the same size box as the sport. The box will not fit, all the parts fit nicely in the trunk though. I just took the pieces out and put them in the trunk with no problem.

Now if you want to keep the OEM exhaust, that is a different story.

NewSchool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Sounds great. I think I'm sold, I don't want too loud either. Thanks for the great pics and video.

MustangTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange
Thanks for sharing. Sounds great and your car looks awesome.
Sponsored