Sponsored

High pitched rattle from HVAC fan?

pandagm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
base GT
Hello all, I have an interesting question. I have a 2016 GT Premium and have noticed a high pitched rattling coming from the passenger air vent. It almost sounds like a broken bearing from a fan the way it clicks and rattles. If you work around computers it's like the noise a PC fan makes if the bearings are going out or need oiling or a wire is grazing across the blades.

Now, is there an easy way to get to where the HVAC motor/fan is located or know how that would be done? I can pinpoint it to exactly the fan because if you turn off the A/C or heat you can hear the fan and the noise spin down and stop. Now I am noticing it only on the passenger side so it's possible rattle is coming from another location or source but in any case it's making me go crazy. Some help on the noise would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
IMO, a leaf or a leaf stem has reached the blower blade housing. (Not a huge deal, luckily) You might be able to see it (or whatever "it" is) if you remove the cabin filter cover plate (and filter, if present) and use a cosmetic or dental mirror.

Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Comp Orange
Had the same thing. Dealer replaced the fan = no more sound.

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
Thanks to the OP for following up.

NOT.

'Guess it didn't matter to him after all.
Sponsored