2019 GT PP1 A10
OP
OP

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Is it really possible to get this increase without a tune?

robw_39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
No just like it isn't possible to get 32 hp by adding a Gibson cat back exhaust but they still claim that to this day on their website...

OP
OP

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
So, I guess maybe half of what's claimed would be realistic?

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
They're probably not specifying gains for the peak horsepower, rather other areas of the power curve. That's the only way I could see this but it's not likely. Even then it's only under WOT conditions when you're probably not even operating in that range of RPMs where the benefit was made. Of course, with a tune things change.

Sponsored

OP
OP

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
They're probably not specifying gains for the peak horsepower, rather other areas of the power curve. That's the only way I could see this but it's not likely. Even then it's only under WOT conditions when you're probably not even operating in that range of RPMs where the benefit was made. Of course, with a tune things change.
I may go ahead and add this when it's time for an air filter change. Maybe I'll be able to imagine some improvement. :)

youra6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Evo VIII RS, 2018 Mustang GT
350 for an intake?? They gotta be out of their damn minds. I see CAI going for 250 and I highly doubt performance will be any different from a 350 to a 250 dollar one.

OP
OP

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
350 for an intake?? They gotta be out of their damn minds. I see CAI going for 250 and I highly doubt performance will be any different from a 350 to a 250 dollar one.
Do you have a link for this $250 CAI intake? I'm not finding it. thanks.

OP
OP

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10

Sponsored

Captain Trips

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
For what it is worth, I would steer clear of SR Performance products. They offer budget pricing but they also plagiarize the hell out of the competition. Proof of that can be found by looking up SR's IRS cradle lockout kit; it's a blatant duplication of BMR Suspension's kit. If you really need a budget option, get a Mishimoto induction tube, a drop-in panel filter, and modify the stock airbox.

I will also submit that it is possible to pick up power by switching out the stock CAI for a no-tune one. PMAS has a pretty well documented history of doing just that with their solution.

rex979

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT premium convertible
For what it is worth.......I purchased a Holly Intech for my 2017 GT auto convert and did some 1/8 mile drag racing in Sturgis. There's some altitude there and a mediocre driver at best and I was posting times pretty consistently at least 2/10' sec faster than the other 2015-2017 GT autos and sticks, coupes ( no other converts there at that time) There was one 2018 GT coupe there and we were both dialed in at 9.06. However, I never tried with the stock airbox there or anywhere else, so NOT very reliable info unfortunately. I was sure hoping someone would do a proper test on a dyno back to back and see what it is really doing, if anything. ( too late for me, I already spent the dough Lol) I just figured Holly was too reputable a company to blatantly lie about the numbers ?
Thanks

ckaiser522

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
I run the Holly Intech CAI and did some testing on it vs the stock set up. no tune i was gains of about 12Hp/15Trq averaged over 3 dyno pulls. With tune it was closer to 19Hp/25Trq. there are gains with either set up but nothing noticeable in seat. I do like the sound it creates, and in pair with a full exhaust (X-pipe/Axle back) my wife claims she can hear me coming from 2 blocks over. Unfortunately I cannot locate the Dyno sheets and have added more to the car since that test. so these numbers are based on my memory, we tested some other parts in it as well like throttle body spacers (negligible differences) and stock mufflers vs. Roush catbacks.

rex979

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT premium convertible
Chris, Thanks for the feedback !
I should have also mentioned that I did a resonator delete with an H pipe with the Holly Intech, very happy with the sound now!
I'm pleased with the install and fit of the Holly, no issues so far.
I picked up a used SCT X4 that has some BAMA Performance tunes on it, but unfortunately the original owner did not unmarry it from his car when he traded it in and so the tuner is locked and SCT wants $150 usd to unlock it. As I am in Canada, the shipping and currency conversion etc. is going to run me about $230 cdn - ouch ! And I'm not sure if I will like the tunes on it anyways. There is no E85 or 93 Octane here so 91 Octane would be the most aggressive tune for me. Anyone with some suggestions or recommendations ??
Sponsored