Sponsored

Tech Pack Lawsuit

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
But then wouldn't that be an issue for even track pack cars? No airflow and standing still puts them in the exact situation.
That's what I was trying to communicate. The track pack transmission gets hot when the car isn't moving on a hot day. I've watched the dash temperature gage when sitting in bumper to bumper traffic and the temperature spikes surprisingly quickly.

The car may not be moving but if the input shaft is spinning then heat is being generated. Pump equipped TR3160's are always pumping (when the input shaft rotates), pushing fluid which ultimately aids in reducing temperatures.
I agree that the transmission pump creates even more heat in the system compared to a tech pack transmission if the car isn't moving. Thanks for the correction.

It's been said over and over. All that work for nothing. Nobody is changing anyone's mind here.
Very true.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I agree that the transmission pump creates even more heat in the system compared to a tech pack transmission if the car isn't moving. Thanks for the correction.
And it just sits there cookin' shit underneath the chassis. Doesn't help the cats are right next door either soaking it all up from a high compression motor idling away. But that's just kinda how it is I suppose. Want your cake and eat it too? Porsche GT3 RS I guess...too rich for my poor ass blood.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
So after experiencing limp mode on the highway 4 times last summer driving at highway speeds in 95f-100f temps ( usually when I drop a gear and punch it to pass someone) Ford has advised me that I should "avoid driving my car on hot days until I get coolers". Told them I would love to install coolers however I heard it will void my warranty/extended warranty. They are yet to reply. The message I get on my dash each time this occurs is "POWER REDUCED TO LOWER ENGINE TEMP". My rpms are reduced to 4500 in any gear.
Time to sell

OP
OP

r1racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Considering I'm one of the very few who actually broke his car in correctly on this corner of the web, I'm pretty sure. Would you like to see my title and registration too? Prick.
Hahahaha:cheers:

Sponsored

OP
OP

r1racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
@r1acer, remember when you posted your purchase of your tech pack and said, "no recaros and coolers but who cares"? And you wonder why you are being called out on stirring the pot. If you don't care that you bought a tech, why in the hell would you have started this thread? You purchased in Dec 17 and now you're upset that a 16 Tech car hits limp mode on the track? Give me a break. Troll! Called it.

New to Stangs
First post! The Super Moon drove me to go out and make the dumbest purchase of my life. I believe I got a somewhat decent deal though...16 CPO with 10k miles and the tech pack (no recaros and coolers but who cares) and a 8 year 75k Ford bumper to bumper prem care warranty. Already replaced the clutch spring and am now thinking about those P51s for spring. Has a clear bra a 1/4 way up the hood and front/rear fenders...the paint is in excellent shape.

Just curious how much you guys would have paid including the warranty?
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2082779#post2082779
Because I am interested in what the outcome will be and if anyone had any new information. Something wrong with that? I'm pretty sure I said in this thread and it doesn't matter but im interested in seeing who will win. I also plan on tracking in a month and thinking about whether I should add coolers or wait. Stirring the pot, huh? Never knew the Stang crowd was full of little school girls...grow up. And you're supposed to be military??? What a shame.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
First paragraph - big mistake. When it comes to purchasing a high performance car that you chose because you intended to track it (even if only "potentially"), the onus is on you to be at least fairly well versed on it's capabilities as well as your own. Safety items (such as a helmet, etc) and consumables (tires, brakes, etc) should have crossed your mind at the very least as well. Trusting your dealer on the above (let alone the necessity of specific component cooling systems) would be a major mistake. This is where Ford Performance can help via suggestions to equip your Mustang for track use. They told you a solution was on the way and you weren't happy with the timeline. You didn't have to wait for them and hordes of Mustang enthusiasts haven't in the past.

As for treatment, most every one I know that purchased a GT350 that came from a different brand has been rather impressed with it's performance. Many of them modified their car to meet their respective needs. The ones I know that don't track them have had little to complain about, including going into limp mode on the street.:shrug: To date, they are pretty darn happy about the purchase.
Gee no shit Epiph, I hadn't thought about safety stuff or consumables at all while tracking....:frusty::headbonk: Plus I already owned up to my own mistake in many ways. One way was buying your product.

Also, if you had fully read and comprehended my post I didn't just trust the dealer. It was also via conversations with FP and others. So yes I thought about the cooling aspect very much.

Where did I say anything about being disappointed in the performance of the GT350. Anywhere, please show me.

You put the marketing ball in your own court with your ridiculous comment that anybody can track anything, which is obviously not what we are talking about. Did you buy your GT350 to tow stuff? Of course not and it was not marketed that way, which was why I did my smart ass comment to you about showing me the marketing (and owners manual suggestions about tracking) the F150 or that it is track capable.

And people wonder why others get frustrated with this conversation............

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
Well thank you for clarifying. Good to have a fellow tech owner on here who can relate!! I did in fact check my engine temps each time this has occurred and they were within a normal operating range. As you know the transmission temp display is not available on the tech car without programming it in using forscan so I have always assumed it is the transmission overheating.
My engine temps were within normal range. It was clearly the transmission causing limp mode. I ran the car with the Shelby scoop for a while. That seemed to help some but not really at the track. It provided a pretty barrier between the cats and the trans. I also read an owner removed his cats ans still experienced limp. I suspect the heat is actually being generated by the trans. I'm amazed it only holds 3.3 quarts with the cooler.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Gee no shit Epiph, I hadn't thought about safety stuff or consumables at all while tracking....:frusty::headbonk: Plus I already owned up to my own mistake in many ways. One way was buying your product.

Also, if you had fully read and comprehended my post I didn't just trust the dealer. It was also via conversations with FP and others. So yes I thought about the cooling aspect very much.

Where did I say anything about being disappointed in the performance of the GT350. Anywhere, please show me.

You put the marketing ball in your own court with your ridiculous comment that anybody can track anything, which is obviously not what we are talking about. Did you buy your GT350 to tow stuff? Of course not and it was not marketed that way, which was why I did my smart ass comment to you about showing me the marketing (and owners manual suggestions about tracking) the F150 or that it is track capable.

And people wonder why others get frustrated with this conversation............
You are conveniently missing every point and allowing emotion to direct your posts.

The comment regarding tracking anything had to do with mention of language in the manual. The GT350 is no different than any other car in this regard and that was my point. Factory literature is often used to negate warranty coverage. In this case, verbage regarding adding coolers if tracking a Tech Pack is in there and for good reason.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
You are conveniently missing every point and allowing emotion to direct your posts.

The comment regarding tracking anything had to do with mention of language in the manual. The GT350 is no different than any other car in this regard and that was my point. Factory literature is often used to negate warranty coverage. In this case, verbage regarding adding coolers if tracking a Tech Pack is in there and for good reason.
I have addressed every one of your points and I think you need to look in the mirror as to who is directing their posts via emotion. You have also ignored every one of mine and others valid points here while at the same time bringing things into this discussion that are completely unnecessary and have made some very big assumptions about how others think. Or what research they did for that matter.

It had to do with marketing and how this vehicle was sold, which is different from other cars (and especially trucks that you brought up) and you know it. You are a very intelligent person and I believe you are blurring a lot of this on purpose, which baffles me as this issue had never affected you period.

I'll ask another question, which will mostly go ignored by you again as have my others to you. Where have I disputed the need for coolers for the Tech Pack or the fact that the recommendation is in the manual? The owner's manual doesn't talk about adding coolers strictly for a warranty standpoint either.

Last edited:

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Because I am interested in what the outcome will be and if anyone had any new information. Something wrong with that? I'm pretty sure I said in this thread and it doesn't matter but im interested in seeing who will win. I also plan on tracking in a month and thinking about whether I should add coolers or wait. Stirring the pot, huh? Never knew the Stang crowd was full of little school girls...grow up. And you're supposed to be military??? What a shame.
I notice a lot of bickering on here. That's why they have to close so many threads because they act like they are 9, calling names and pointing fingers. Maybe the military they were in was with the women.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I have addressed every one of your points and I think you need to look in the mirror as to who is directing their posts via emotion. You have also ignored every one of mine and others valid points here while at the same time bringing things into this discussion that are completely unnecessary and have made some very big assumptions about how others think. Or what research they did for that matter.

It had to do with marketing and how this vehicle was sold, which is different from other cars (and especially trucks that you brought up) and you know it. You are a very intelligent person and I believe you are blurring a lot of this on purpose, which baffles me as this issue had never affected you period.

I'll ask another question, which will mostly go ignored by you again as have my others to you. Where have I disputed the need for coolers for the Tech Pack or the fact that the recommendation is in the manual? The owner's manual doesn't talk about adding coolers strictly for a warranty standpoint either.
I so appreciate you. You have been on bothsides of this and still understand what had happened and why people with tech cars feel the way they do.

There are others who will never get it, but feel the need to argue with anyone who has a defferent opinion.

I cant believe I left this long and its the same person doong the samething.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I so appreciate you. You have been on bothsides of this and still understand what had happened and why people with tech cars feel the way they do.

There are others who will never get it, but feel the need to argue with anyone who has a defferent opinion.

Thanks, the bottom line is Ford fucked this whole thing up period from beginning to end. Legally, probably not, but it did damage to their reputation whether anyone here or the ones that drink the Kool-Aid want to see it or not.
:ford:

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, the bottom line is Ford fucked this whole thing up period from beginning to end. Legally, probably not, but it did damage to their reputation whether anyone here or the ones that drink the Kool-Aid want to see it or not.
:ford:
I will keep mine, but makes me think twice about trusting Ford with a special purpose car like the GT350

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Again, you are missing the point. Completely.

Again - the manual response was with respect to your comment. In essence, the manual is clear. Don't have coolers but want to track the vehicle? Add them. Period.

And as I stated numerous time now - the manual is often used as a reference to negate coverage. This has everything to do with a warranty concern. See the connection?

Exactly what many here are thinking.
Sponsored