Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

SMJ540

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I had my car in garage for the winter, nice weather today and took it out. I noticed sync was on 3.0 and I never updated from factory (2.2 or w/e came with 2016's) when I bought it. If WIFI is enabled, do our cars check for updates as well? I've heard they do system checks when battery level is sufficient, and I had mine on a tender all winter so it obviously was.

No complaints obviously, just seems strange.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I had my car in garage for the winter, nice weather today and took it out. I noticed sync was on 3.0 and I never updated from factory (2.2 or w/e came with 2016's) when I bought it. If WIFI is enabled, do our cars check for updates as well? I've heard they do system checks when battery level is sufficient, and I had mine on a tender all winter so it obviously was.

No complaints obviously, just seems strange.
only if you're connected to a trusted wifi and Ive heard it does continue even after when the car is turned off (for a short period)

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Anyone able to PM me a link to V3.0 18025? I’ve been searching for a while now and can’t find it.
Anyone know if it works on EU non nav vehicles?

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland

Sponsored

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
FYI it now accepts name and emails. One step closer, and I beat you to it, so I'm first :lol:
Didnt work 5 hours ago...signed up!!:cheers:

Swedish Meatballs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium - California Special
Thanks for the reply
Yep it says
Sync 3, Software Version: 2.3
Build 17109_Product
Ford Motor Company

Gracenote Version 1.1.1.806 (NA-0010)

Navigation Maps Version: NA 1 14

Was it a bad idea to turn off the car while it was updating the software? So if I plug in the USB again with the update, it should cause any problems? If it doesn't work, I can never update via USB because Ford is asking for the .xml files which my Sync 3 never did .
I just updated to this version this morning. I have a '16. Do I need the new port to be able to use all apps? How do I get to 3.0?

Sorry to ask, just too many darn pages in here .. :)

m.a.s.e

Ninja
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maserecordingstudio.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
I just updated to this version this morning. I have a '16. Do I need the new port to be able to use all apps? How do I get to 3.0?

Sorry to ask, just too many darn pages in here .. :)
if you got an iPhone, yes you need to buy a new USB port to get Apple Car Play.
if you got android, no.

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
Did the 2018s add Android Auto/Carplay across bluetooth?
As far as I understand it, Bluetooth doesn't have the bandwidth to support this. The cars that are doing wireless Android auto do it over WiFi. Either way I haven't heard anything about this being supported in the Mustang.

Sponsored

asteele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo Titanium
Hi, I just had a play with Android Auto and Apple Car Play - I haven't played with them for ages, as I much prefer the stock Sync3 system as it is.

Yes you have to physically connect your device of choice to the vehicle by cable, but this makes sense as otherwise you would quickly flatten your phone if it was just left to run on its battery. Bluetooth has lots of bandwidth, so I don't think that is a reason for them to not use it.

I am running 3.0 build 18025 and running Waze on a BlackBerry KeyONE Android... this may be old news to many of you - but I was really impressed and surprised to learn that when I clicked on the map button within Android Auto - I was offered a choice of Google Maps or Waze!! Clicking Waze brings it up on the Sync3 display, and I can use the Sync3 screen to do all the usual stuff you would want to do in Waze. Awesome!

Playing with Waze on an iPhone 8 didn't do anything though... I can only access Apple Maps. I understand that there is a Waze update soon which may introduce something new here... interesting to see.

I think that I may start using Android Auto a bit more now :)

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
Hi, I just had a play with Android Auto and Apple Car Play - I haven't played with them for ages, as I much prefer the stock Sync3 system as it is.

Yes you have to physically connect your device of choice to the vehicle by cable, but this makes sense as otherwise you would quickly flatten your phone if it was just left to run on its battery. Bluetooth has lots of bandwidth, so I don't think that is a reason for them to not use it.

I am running 3.0 build 18025 and running Waze on a BlackBerry KeyONE Android... this may be old news to many of you - but I was really impressed and surprised to learn that when I clicked on the map button within Android Auto - I was offered a choice of Google Maps or Waze!! Clicking Waze brings it up on the Sync3 display, and I can use the Sync3 screen to do all the usual stuff you would want to do in Waze. Awesome!

Playing with Waze on an iPhone 8 didn't do anything though... I can only access Apple Maps. I understand that there is a Waze update soon which may introduce something new here... interesting to see.

I think that I may start using Android Auto a bit more now :)
Well then there may be another reason, but Google will be providing wireless Android auto over WiFi, not Bluetooth.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...d-auto-update-wi-fi-support-ok-google-io-2016

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
...it does need for Ford Sync3 to advertise itself as being a Wi-Fi hotspot though!
will we be able to add that module if we didnt have it before?
Sponsored