jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
And here are the finished door panels in the car...IMHO, this is how the car should have come from the dealership when they installed the leather seats.

Also forgot to mention I finally was able to "clock" my suspension bushings and get a new alignment. Wow, what a difference, really tight and sensitive to steering inputs. I cannot wait to do the next round of suspension mods.
IMG_1227.jpg
IMG_1228.jpg

Last edited:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Love the color of your seats and the new door trim looks great too.

I've got to get around to clocking my bushings at some point, wasn't able to do it when I swapped my springs because a truck came and got on the only drive on lift available. Might ask the alignment shop to do it when I stop by there again.

Looking at some of the earlier posts, did you end up having to adjust anything for your shorty headers or just living with it as it was?

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Love the color of your seats and the new door trim looks great too.

I've got to get around to clocking my bushings at some point, wasn't able to do it when I swapped my springs because a truck came and got on the only drive on lift available. Might ask the alignment shop to do it when I stop by there again.

Looking at some of the earlier posts, did you end up having to adjust anything for your shorty headers or just living with it as it was?
Headers just bolted right up (though the passenger side is a REAL PAIN). Be aware that most big chain alignment shops will not clock your bushings for you.

I got really lucky with regards to clocking my bushings. I originally went to the body shop that did my door panel thinking they would do the bushings for me. Instead, they drove the car up on their lift, lifted the car, then HANDED ME THEIR TOOLS and let me have free reign with the suspension.

Do not delay in clocking your bushings as there is real benefits to this and you reduce the chance of wearing out your bushings.

Let me know if you have any questions.

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Took the stang for a drive through the canyons in SoCal...I knew the car was handling better due to the new alignment, but I was not expecting to be pulling 1.03 g's on dry road. Loving my suspension setup and the scary thing is I am still not done with it yet.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Ordered SCT 4 tuner and 3 MPT tunes. Will need to discuss the tunes with MPT as with the GT throttle body, velossa tech ram air scoop, AirRaid CAI, and ported intakes, I will be moving a lot of air. So most likely I will need to do some data logging and send over the data to MPT for them to play around with.

Looking forward to this :)

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Ordered SCT 4 tuner and 3 MPT tunes. Will need to discuss the tunes with MPT as with the GT throttle body, velossa tech ram air scoop, AirRaid CAI, and ported intakes, I will be moving a lot of air. So most likely I will need to do some data logging and send over the data to MPT for them to play around with.

Looking forward to this :)
And then E85 in the near future :D

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I want to see how you do in terms of dyno and drag numbers, you're definitely hitting everything.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I want to see how you do in terms of dyno and drag numbers, you're definitely hitting everything.
I agree with you on the dyno numbers...but not the drag numbers...this is not meant to be a drag car...if it was...I would have done a lot more regarding weight reduction...but we will see :)

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Cruised around Carson City, NV today...took the following photos. Parts (Steeda control arms and SCT 4 tuner with MPT tunes) are in Los Angeles and will be installing them sometime next week.
IMG_1354.jpg
IMG_1356.jpg
IMG_1365.jpg

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Installed the Steeda's lateral links with delrin bushings and tension links with bearings. Both had the extended ball joints. Definetly noticed a difference in handling. Even the suspension shop that helped me with the install was impressed with the quality...said I was going to have a great time with them...so far, so good.

However, I do have one caution...make sure to check the bolts on the remainder of your suspension components after the install as changing the height of the ball joint does affect the rest of the suspension geometry...

Other than that...really easy install and fairly noticeable difference in handling characteristics of the car :)

One other update...discovered that the photo I took of my car during sunset (see above post) is being used as the cover photo for the following facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/448624965494931/

What an honor...probably the best compliment I have received on the car...could not ask for more. Thank you to all who have and are helping me on this journey :D
Sponsored

Last edited: