Threads
Reaction score
Website
craigbrimanson.myportfolio.com
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Ecoboost
I have much respect for tuners and how much work goes into programming, but who the heck thought it was a good idea to make a summer and winter tune?
I take it you're referring to Torrie with Unleashed. I have his tune and it's been running fine for close to two years now. I live in a mild winter climate here in Georgia and had to ask him when to switch the tunes. He kinda just sends things over without a lot of info about the difference between the two. He did say in a thread here that it's safe to run the winter tune in the summer but not vice verca.

I'm always running my car with my SCT device up monitoring knock, misfire, OAR and one other hoping to catch a possible issue before it happens.
Sponsored

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Looks like a few blew on the tune plus Facebook page too. American engines as well. I imagine a growing trend with the mileage stacking up.

Last edited:

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
People are pushing me the limits of pump gas and it's starting to cost people their motors. No one should be boosting more than 20-21 on pump gas yet I'm seeing tunes with 24psi+ And people still wondering why they're blowing.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
People are pushing me the limits of pump gas and it's starting to cost people their motors. No one should be boosting more than 20-21 on pump gas yet I'm seeing tunes with 24psi+ And people still wondering why they're blowing.
I'm starting to believe this too. People say it's the engine but blaming a 4 cylinder doing 350 whp is a little Ludacris. Not even the turbo 6 BMWs are pulling that. Even with a built motor I would consider a blend.

EAndre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
E
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Base 6MT Recaros Sold
I'm pushing 25+ on 93 in hot sunny south Florida and no issues:)

Sponsored

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Engines are made to withstand some detonation. Basically you are like los angelas on the San Andreas fault waiting for the big one.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
I'm pushing 25+ on 93 in hot sunny south Florida and no issues:)
I'm not saying you can't do this. But you're playing with fire. An EB just blew yesterday running 25psi on 93 octane so to each there own.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
I'm not saying you can't do this. But you're playing with fire. An EB just blew yesterday running 25psi on 93 octane so to each there own.
I'm on Adam Tune+ Facebook and two blew within weeks.

clubamericalara

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I am also tune plus, unfortunately I have been unable to really beat the shit out of my engine due to this being my daily driver, yes engines blow up but good grief ford not at this level. once its feasible i will likely go f-150 5.0.

I think this whole ecoboom trend will likely reduce itself with the refreshed ecoboost is released, ford HAS to be aware of these issues, and since they have been quoted as saying they will up the power I dont see that without some sort of upgrade on the engine block.

on a side note, does anyone know how the 2.0T camaro has been holding up? im curious to know, its been what a year since its release?

Sponsored

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
Boost has never, and will never break, blow, explode, boom, anything. Nada, zip, zilch. Timing does all the breaking. Safe pump gas tunes, run a lot of boost, and little to no timing. If your tooner is cranking timing into your pump gas tune, its a matter of time before you are posting a story about your motor.

SYK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP Auto
If you run around with 0 knock and no negative correction. Sitting on good AFR and all parameters checks on daily highway pulls and 1/4 miles.. hardly tune is the cause of one day it decide to go. even stock motors go all the time. I wish we have someone from Ford with ability to look up Warranty record can share on how many stock engines blew a hole on the block.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Boost has never, and will never break, blow, explode, boom, anything. Nada, zip, zilch. Timing does all the breaking. Safe pump gas tunes, run a lot of boost, and little to no timing. If your tooner is cranking timing into your pump gas tune, its a matter of time before you are posting a story about your motor.
Doesn't the tuner have to advance the timing (from top dead center) so that the added boost air/fuel mixture has time to ignite and burn during the compression stroke? And when they do this, which I suppose they do, it creates added pressure and heat in the cylinder that could pre ignite the fuel that causes damage? When you are boosting 25 psi, you have to advance the timing a lot than you would 18-20psi which adds a lot more cylinder pressure and heat that could cause detonation. 25psi + high cylinder pressure = boom.