Sponsored

Official Resonator Delete Thread

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I cut up to the leading edge of the x pipe to make it a smooth transition and not have it hit a reduction in diameter. I also tig welded mine for a cleaner weld.
So if I have them cut up to the leading edge of the x-pipe, then the pipe can be 2.75" all the way through?

Also, I'm a welding noob so what is the difference in TIG weld & MIG weld? I would want whichever would match the current welds on the OEM exhaust.
Sponsored

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
I used a chop saw and cut the x pipe to the collector area. You can see before/aft of the collector where the unedited portion of the x pipe has an area of pipe that snakes down just a bit. That's what both sides look like. I used 2.5" pipe. I had 2.75" pipe, but I would have had to crimp it down slightly to get a snug fit and instead chose to weld in the 2.5" pipe and have it slip fit on the exhaust pipe to the rear. I left about 1.5" excess to slip fit and then welded the rear.
RHstwct.jpg

Last edited:

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
RHstwct.jpg

I used a chop saw and cut the x pipe to the collector area. You can see before/aft of the collector where the unedited portion of the x pipe has an area of pipe that snakes down just a bit. That's what both sides look like. I used 2.5" pipe. I had 2.75" pipe, but I would have had to crimp it down slightly to get a snug fit and instead chose to weld in the 2.5" pipe and have it slip fit on the exhaust pipe to the rear. I left about 1.5" excess to slip fit and then welded the rear.
Pic didn't show but thanks for the explanation. So 2.5" is recommended over the 2.75"? I'm trying to replicate how it is on the R, I assumed it was 2.75".

chandlermaxwell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Fastback
So if you were planning on doing a resonator delete and the roush racing axle back, but you could only do one at a time, which would you do first?

Sponsored

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
So if you were planning on doing a resonator delete and the roush racing axle back, but you could only do one at a time, which would you do first?
[MENTION=31288]chandlermaxwell[/MENTION], you'll get better responses and opinions if you post this in the regular GT section instead of the GT350 section.

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
I had this exact set up in my 2015 GT trak pak. I regretted the Rousch a/b after I had removed the resonator suitcase and installed the FP x pipe. It was obnoxious, raspy, with drone, and too loud. I disclose that my son loves this set up, however.

Surprisingly, the FP x pipe and the stock exhaust was perfect to me in the GT. I would install the x pipe first and leave the stock alone. I did this to my GT350 and it's perfect (though it has active exhaust).

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid

Onyx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R, Acura RDX
Just got my Shiftech kit in the mail Tuesday, ordered Friday and came from CA!
(I am in Wi) Very fast shipping, my car is in hibernation for winter but will be done first thing when it awakes in spring. Will update once installed.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
(I am in Wi) Very fast shipping, my car is in hibernation for winter but will be done first thing when it awakes in spring. Will update once installed.
You're going to love it.
Probably the best exhaust mod I've ever done on a car.

Sponsored

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Did you order directly from Shiftek or via eBay? I have a friend who ordered his from Shiftek (on my recommendation) last fall (Aug / Sept '17) and still hasn't received his. But, there's a seller on eBay who shows multiple on-hand, but who said he's not the manufacturer... that they drop ship from Shiftek or their manufacturer directly.

This is very frustrating, as I feel that my friend was taken advantage of because of my recommendation. I surely hope that Shiftek gets their act together and fulfills those backorders soon.

Onyx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R, Acura RDX
That's really odd as they didnt mention anything about a back order. I ordered right from shiftech's website. I was amazed I ordered it on a Friday and it got here Tuesday, it came from CA to WI. I will say it is a beautiful piece and I am glad I went this route over just having a shop cut out the resinators and slap some straight pipe in. I wish I could help more, I would give them a call. Worst case just cancel the order if it does not meet your friends time frame. I just checked there website and it says available now?
Congrates on the R as well!:hail: I would have bought the R when I got mine if it was a 5K markup. Are you planning on keeping your GT350 or trading it in? I go to some supercar shows in IL, we should meet up as I would love to see the R and meet a fellow enthusiat.

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
I ordered today and it’s shipped already
Direct from shifteck

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
That's really odd as they didnt mention anything about a back order. I ordered right from shiftech's website. I was amazed I ordered it on a Friday and it got here Tuesday, it came from CA to WI. I will say it is a beautiful piece and I am glad I went this route over just having a shop cut out the resinators and slap some straight pipe in. I wish I could help more, I would give them a call. Worst case just cancel the order if it does not meet your friends time frame. I just checked there website and it says available now?
Congrates on the R as well!:hail: I would have bought the R when I got mine if it was a 5K markup. Are you planning on keeping your GT350 or trading it in? I go to some supercar shows in IL, we should meet up as I would love to see the R and meet a fellow enthusiat.
Thanks, man. The deal on the R just came through yesterday, so this morning I offered my friend the Shiftek pipe that I have - still in its box - and suggested he just cancel his outstanding order. I guess buying an R is one way to do the resonator delete.

Plan is to trade in my '17 - the dealership offered a very fair deal.

Also, gotta agree that the Shiftek pipe is a very elegant solution and very well made.

Onyx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R, Acura RDX
Nice of you to help him out, I have to say you chose the best route of the resonator delete!
Sponsored