2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

mad murph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Fighter Jet Grey Mach 1
Thanks guys.

Did you then get them painted and did you also get hit for import duty?

Last edited:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys.

Did you then get them painted and did you also get hit for import duty?
i went through stackry, avoided import.

My friends who's an auto-car fixer (works in the paint dept) did the painting for me - as he has done for all mine/everyone elses painted plastics (that i've supplied)

mad murph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Fighter Jet Grey Mach 1
i went through stackry, avoided import.

My friends who's an auto-car fixer (works in the paint dept) did the painting for me - as he has done for all mine/everyone elses painted plastics (that i've supplied)
Thanks Manders. New to all this malarky so appreciate the help :)

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Manders. New to all this malarky so appreciate the help :)
stackry allows u to free ship the spoiler there (most US stores/retailers) do free internal shipping; then you use stackry to send it back home, it was a $70 shipping charge and the ebay account wanted $120. So i saved $50 there, also on stackry you can list the customs amount for it, so if it's an expensive part you can bring the price down and thus what you'd pay on tax down (although if you're buying something worth £10k and it's noteably expensive, saying it got £5 isn't smart)

you can sign up to stackry here:
https://www.stackry.com/register?referral=747473

Other benefits include consolidating multiple orders into one shipment meaning one box, and one collective customs charge. less boxes to lose.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
stackry allows u to free ship the spoiler there (most US stores/retailers) do free internal shipping; then you use stackry to send it back home, it was a $70 shipping charge and the ebay account wanted $120. So i saved $50 there, also on stackry you can list the customs amount for it, so if it's an expensive part you can bring the price down and thus what you'd pay on tax down (although if you're buying something worth £10k and it's noteably expensive, saying it got £5 isn't smart)

Other benefits include consolidating multiple orders into one shipment meaning one box, and one collective customs charge. less boxes to lose.
I've used stackry and it worked well for me. Although I'm not sure on the ramifications of stating a $500 item is only worth $50 if you get caught out?

EDIT: with the intention of buying an exhaust at some point in the near future, buying from the US & using stackry is awfully tempting!

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16

Your HMRC rap sheet continues to stack up :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Your HMRC rap sheet continues to stack up :)
Well, i'm not listing a spoiler at £200 when it was £30 (actual cost vs the value that was put on it when it arrived at stackry). that's not HMRC rap sheet, that's just called not being mugged off by some shit.

[MENTION=14295]Kristian87[/MENTION] if they check the box, see the item, somehow manage to find the value of said item, then they'll tax it as such for that item.
For instance (slightly related), i sent some painted plastics to [MENTION=24944]SpArKy[/MENTION], they got damaged in transit, i was required to prove the value of the items to Herme's to give me a refund, i sent them links to the items, and they tried to claim that they cost less...........................................(eejits), HMRC would do the same; open box and check - if they can accuratley cross match, slap the relevant fee on.
Sponsored