Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thanks. Not a single instructor ever had issue with my hand placement or usage. One thing I noticed about instructors is they are all different offering different techniques. Next time I'm out, I'll give your technique a try. Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Maybe I was doing it all wrong, maybe the skid car was set up too slippery - I don't know. But, I've had plenty of of experience controlling spins, skids, drifts whatever. And the skid car didn't replicate any of that. It was entertaining, but not very applicable to what happens on a track.

In response to another poster: Todd was my instructor too. He told me he'd be yelling, not that he was mad, but that he's enthusiastic. Yep, that's for sure! He is an excellent instructor. GAS GAS GAS... BRAAAAKKKKE.... OFF THE BRAKE, TURN-IN, TURN-OUT, GET ON THE GASSSS!!! He really drilled into me what the car can do. Great guy.
Yes, he is.

GAS, GAS, GAS..BRAAAAKKKKE...OFF THE BRAKE, TURN IN, HANDS AT 2/10, TURN OUT, GET ON THE GASSSS!!!!!

fixed it for you. ;)

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
Tomster,
Looks like the lead-follow FPRS Mustang in front of you at the beginning of the video. Why did you wait to enter the track? I remember they briefed 2-3 car lengths between each vehicle during the L-F laps, and that each lap would be faster if we kept up the spacing.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Tomster,
Looks like the lead-follow FPRS Mustang in front of you at the beginning of the video. Why did you wait to enter the track? I remember they briefed 2-3 car lengths between each vehicle during the L-F laps, and that each lap would be faster if we kept up the spacing.
That was not the lead/follow.

that was either an instructor or a driving guest. You can elect to bring a driving guest and they drive the same GT's that the instructors do. We stagger leaving the chute so as to give the guy ahead of you time to get spacing. In a perfect world, we should not catch up to each other. When we do, they allowed passing on the front stretch with a point by.

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
When in September are you going again?

I will be there on the 27th and 28th for my second time.

Sponsored

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
That was not the lead/follow.

that was either an instructor or a driving guest. You can elect to bring a driving guest and they drive the same GT's that the instructors do. We stagger leaving the chute so as to give the guy ahead of you time to get spacing. In a perfect world, we should not catch up to each other. When we do, they allowed passing on the front stretch with a point by.
Copy. I don't remember them doing that when I attended.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

I think those might be my dates as well. I'll have to look

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

Yep, 27/28. I guess we will be running the same sessions. Looking forward to it!

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
#6 was the car I drove when I was out there...at the very first Track Attack! it had like 250 miles on it at the time.

I can't believe you didn't enjoy the skid car as much this time...perhaps it was the company you were keeping ;-)

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Maybe I was doing it all wrong, maybe the skid car was set up too slippery - I don't know. But, I've had plenty of of experience controlling spins, skids, drifts whatever. And the skid car didn't replicate any of that. It was entertaining, but not very applicable to what happens on a track.
Agree 100%. Problem to me was zero feedback or as you say too slippery.
Sponsored