[?] '18 Intake Manifold on '15-'17

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
VMP also tunes for 18 manifold, lockouts or imrc enabled.

that's who I'm trying to order from. Work is blocking the link. Will get it ordered this evening.
Sponsored

Tugger50H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I need to purchase the pigtails or adapters .
I think my intake is showing up tomorrow and I got pigtails i'm not going to use. I'll let you know if it shows up.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
that's who I'm trying to order from. Work is blocking the link. Will get it ordered this evening.
glad it's blocked. scored some 47 # injectors. Need the flex fuel tune now. :ninja:

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
went with the VMP tune over Lund. Intake will be here tomorrow but have to wait 7-10 days on tune. Hopefully get it on next weekend. Not going to make it to the May 4th TnT at Gainesville Dragway.

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
im so close to installing my 2018 intake manifold. I want some opinions. Right now im 2015 gt automatic, CAI, LTH,Catback exhaust, and 93 tune. My LTH have the factory connect to my Catback which is 3 inches. however, for maybe 4 inches or so at the factory connect section, it is bootlenecked down to the factory 2.25 inches. do you think this will really hinder much power if I am keeping my setup NA? I already spoke to a few reputable tuners about it, I just wanted to reassure myself before I begin my manifold swap.

That bottleneck shouldn't affect you too much. Put the intake on.

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
That bottleneck shouldn't affect you too much. Put the intake on.
Just make sure if you do go to tony for a tune after vmp you have your stock tune saved, vmp locks there tune so tony will want to build your tune from your stock file. im actually going by there tomorrow morning, I order the hp tuners vcm suite tuning software so I can jump in a start learning how to do this.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just make sure if you do go to tony for a tune after vmp you have your stock tune saved, vmp locks there tune so tony will want to build your tune from your stock file. im actually going by there tomorrow morning, I order the hp tuners vcm suite tuning software so I can jump in a start learning how to do this.

Bill, thanks. If Hurricane Perf. was doing the install I would have went immediately with Tony.

Umang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rama
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
So i've had mine installed for awhile now and tuned and what not but I had a question for some of you guys who have yours installed. Does your intake fit weird with the 18 intake manifold? Mine kind of goes up more from the throttle body, I just want to know if thats normal. Or does your guys intake fit and look the same?

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
So i've had mine installed for awhile now and tuned and what not but I had a question for some of you guys who have yours installed. Does your intake fit weird with the 18 intake manifold? Mine kind of goes up more from the throttle body, I just want to know if thats normal. Or does your guys intake fit and look the same?
2018 IM has 27 deg flange vs the 20 deg from the 2015 - 2017 which causes the TB to be angled upwards.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Place I bought my from sent me a return label and will order me another. Seems my IMRCs are what broke. I want to try and retain those so...

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
How many of you have had interference between bolt on the water neck housing and the 2018 intake? I saw a few have had this issue but mine clears fine. Make me wonder what I am missing.
Sponsored