PP Strut Tower Brace kit + Cowl Extension + Lower K Brace Install Guide

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
So I ordered the parts list from a more local distributor of Ford parts (all of these sites are similar) and found out the don’t sell exact quantities of these bolts or screws. They have to be bought in batches of 4. So the price goes up by about $10 or so, but for about $140 I can do this. Also what’s the deal with the shipping? $50 from CA?
Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
So I ordered the parts list from a more local distributor of Ford parts (all of these sites are similar) and found out the don’t sell exact quantities of these bolts or screws. They have to be bought in batches of 4. So the price goes up by about $10 or so, but for about $140 I can do this. Also what’s the deal with the shipping? $50 from CA?
Sounds like you need to deal with another parts department. I did not have to order my bolts in batches of 4. And shipping OH to VA was ALOT less than $50.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Better than the ones I found around here. "Oh you can get it for $60 online with $30 shipping? K that'll be $110." Then I just hang up and order online.

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like you need to deal with another parts department. I did not have to order my bolts in batches of 4. And shipping OH to VA was ALOT less than $50.
These parts are WAY more expensive through a dealership, and shipping to WA is the problem. CA to WA was the cheapest I could find.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
These parts are WAY more expensive through a dealership, and shipping to WA is the problem. CA to WA was the cheapest I could find.
FairwayFordParts.net is who I use. Their prices and service are great, but they are also closer to VA. The large K brace is only $14 for shipping to WA from OH.

Keep in mind - almost every Ford OEM parts online seller - they are dealers as well. They just decide to make money off volume sales of parts instead of selling for full retail like most dealerships do.

Some places try to make money back on shipping instead of charging actual shipping costs.

Sponsored

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
FairwayFordParts.net is who I use. Their prices and service are great, but they are also closer to VA. The large K brace is only $14 for shipping to WA from OH.

Keep in mind - almost every Ford OEM parts online seller - they are dealers as well. They just decide to make money off volume sales of parts instead of selling for full retail like most dealerships do.

Some places try to make money back on shipping instead of charging actual shipping costs.
Ok, so I put together the same order on the site you use - essentially the same exact site all of these distributors/dealers use as I mentioned before. Price per item is slightly higher, but the shipping is about $10 cheaper. However, in the end we're paying the same thing (see pic).

What I mentioned before is the act of walking up to a dealer's parts counter and pricing these directly. They're a lot more expensive - at least the ones around here are for the same parts. Sales tax is another issue as well, but that's WA for you.
StiffeningPartsList.png

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Try Jim Vreeland Ford Parts (CA). I used them when I bought a lower and upper intake to have shipped to the company porting them for me.

All the same parts shipped to a Seattle WA Zip code is $162.52

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Confirmed the 20" rims package comes with the cowl extension panel.

The 20" rim upgrade gets you all the same bracing as the PP / list on the first page minus the strut tower brace. Not too bad of an Easter egg for just upgrading the rims.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Went ahead and ordered the parts for the lower brace from [MENTION=9199]LevittownFordParts[/MENTION], Benny took great care of me on my order so whenever the parts are in and I get them, it'll probably be a weekend or two later that I install those.

Couldn't beat his pricing, especially not the local dealers!

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
Parts showed up today. Everything's here. Metal parts are plastered with stickers. Waiting for the strut tower brace kit from Steeda and this'll be next weekend's sunday project.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
3. Take your cocktail of parts and hoist them into position, there will be 6 obvious threaded holes that you probably noticed upon removing your original insulator. If you were thinking these are the holes that you need to install the 6 lower cross member bolts (pictured below), then you'd be right.
attachment.jpg

Install the 6 bolts and torque to 41 ft/lb.
Just wondering what you guys think on this step. I messed up when I placed my original order and didn't get enough of the bolts for this step so I only have 4 right now, more are coming in soon.

I might be able to work on my car on a lift tomorrow which would obviously make this install a lot more straight forward. Do you think I can get away with only having 4 of the 6 bolts for now or should I just wait until I get the remaining ones in and do everything on jack stands?

If it would be fine to do it with 4 out of 6, should I skip the inner or outer bolt on the two sides? I'm hoping I wouldn't get any random clanking before I finish up with the last 2.

Thanks

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
If for just a few days and you don't plan on banging on the car, zero problem with 4 bolts. Take your pick on which to leave out it is not going to make any difference as long as you put one on either side and at least one up top. I got all of my parts in including the 6 bolts not pictured and oil filter door bolt but have yet had the time to do it.
F959E670-BFB4-408C-BDB3-D16CD68D007B.jpeg

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
Just wondering what you guys think on this step. I messed up when I placed my original order and didn't get enough of the bolts for this step so I only have 4 right now, more are coming in soon.

I might be able to work on my car on a lift tomorrow which would obviously make this install a lot more straight forward. Do you think I can get away with only having 4 of the 6 bolts for now or should I just wait until I get the remaining ones in and do everything on jack stands?

If it would be fine to do it with 4 out of 6, should I skip the inner or outer bolt on the two sides? I'm hoping I wouldn't get any random clanking before I finish up with the last 2.

Thanks
Did you already order the additional 2?

I think you'd be fine waiting a bit, but I'd keep my "spirited driving" to a minimum until you get those additional 2 installed.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I did order the other ones, they weren't available at any nearby dealership but they're hopefully going to reach here by the end of the weak, early next week at the latest I hope.

Appreciate your thoughts on it guys!

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Ecoboost fastback
Are these pieces for GT only? I've got an Ecoboost that I'd like to stiffen up.
Sponsored