Sponsored

Discuss and post up Classic or Antique vehicles...

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Besides your current S550, do you own a Classic or Antique vehicle (truck, car or a Utility like Military, or Motorcycle)?

What is it and what’s the story behind it?

If you don’t own one, but hope to someday acquire one, what would it be?

Doesn’t matter if it is domestic or foreign, project or garage queen, rat rod or pristine retro - get posting!

Feel free to post up links to classic car sites, auctions, DIY tips for resto/storage techniques, swap meets, parts locators, car shows etc - lets make this THE thread to go for such info, because we all know if you dream/love cars, someone is dreaming/looking for the same...
Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
This is my dads ‘65 that I found in the paper as a 12 year old almost 25 years ago. Needs some mechanical work here and there but looks as shiny as the day he had it repainted. One day it will be mine but hopefully not for a while so dad can enjoy it.
AB986224-0849-42F9-831B-B08BA5564B53.jpeg

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
My first car was a '67 SS Chevelle. Knew what I had - and for the early 90's I sold it for a pile. Of course not too long ago, a similarly optioned car went for 6 figures at one of the big auctions. 396/375, 4 speed, heater delete, radio delete, bench seat, drum non power brakes front and rear....even had dog dish hubcaps.

So another '67 for my "retirement" project. Won't be looking for a SS - I want to build an updated DRIVER. LSx, T56, etc etc.

Currently wrenching on the GF's '84 GMC K1500. Only a little bit of rust over all in good shape. Plan is to rip it apart sometime next year and freshen everything and use it like a truck....

I've always harbored a secret urge to find an early Vega and stuff it with a LSx/T56 combo.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
My '67 had a full body restoration done in '07-08, I'm hoping to have enough money to finish the mechanical work this summer. Been spending it all on photography. I might actually have some models come shoot with me at the shop pretty soon.

mustang 1.jpg

mustang 2.jpg

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
My 1967 Cougar, which I have owned a bit over 31 years.

I bought it heading into my senior year of high school, it came out of southern CA. I've had many other old cars in between, but this one is my favorite plus I've never had another as solid and original. Currently the only old car I own.

All sheetmetal is original to the car, no rust repairs ever, just one repaint back in 2006. Interior is nearly all original also, even the carpet, only the headliner has been replaced since the thread between sections basically disintegrated and it fell. Undercarriage and underhood is untouched as well, and assembly line markings are still plainly visible. Patina in spades.

Driveline is the original 289 (4bbl) backed by a C4 auto. I overhauled the engine and trans my senior year of high school, engine sports a healthy cam with ported heads with roller rockers. Later, while in college, I scored what turned out to be an original Cobra 2x4 intake (AFB carbs) which is what is on the car today. Running cat valve covers and oval air cleaner complete the look. Has 3.55s in the axle.

The goal was to essentially duplicate the look of the '67 Trans Am cars using vintage parts as much as possible. The Mercury team race cars of the day often wore the Kelsey Hayes MagStar wheels in period photos, so they had to go on. Exhaust is essentially '65 GT350R, side exit with Tri-Y headers. The stripes were custom cut after I scaled them from a 1966 trim prototype photo, an option that never was.

It's a keeper and always draws a crowd due to its obscurity. Pic was taken on a whim last 4th of July. :)
cougar4th_resize.jpg

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
My 1967 Cougar, which I have owned a bit over 31 years.

I bought it heading into my senior year of high school, it came out of southern CA. I've had many other old cars in between, but this one is my favorite plus I've never had another as solid and original. Currently the only old car I own.

All sheetmetal is original to the car, no rust repairs ever, just one repaint back in 2006. Interior is nearly all original also, even the carpet, only the headliner has been replaced since the thread between sections basically disintegrated and it fell. Undercarriage and underhood is untouched as well, and assembly line markings are still plainly visible. Patina in spades.

Driveline is the original 289 (4bbl) backed by a C4 auto. I overhauled the engine and trans my senior year of high school, engine sports a healthy cam with ported heads with roller rockers. Later, while in college, I scored what turned out to be an original Cobra 2x4 intake (AFB carbs) which is what is on the car today. Running cat valve covers and oval air cleaner complete the look. Has 3.55s in the axle.

The goal was to essentially duplicate the look of the '67 Trans Am cars using vintage parts as much as possible. The Mercury team race cars of the day often wore the Kelsey Hayes MagStar wheels in period photos, so they had to go on. Exhaust is essentially '65 GT350R, side exit with Tri-Y headers. The stripes were custom cut after I scaled them from a 1966 trim prototype photo, an option that never was.

It's a keeper and always draws a crowd due to its obscurity. Pic was taken on a whim last 4th of July. :)
Sweet car. Good friend of mine had a '69 CJ powered 4 speed Eliminator during high school.

Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
That's a pretty Cub. You always keep it that clean? What's the motor, A65?

I used to have a 1950 PA-20 Pacer. That was a great little plane. Until I thought I could land it on a hard runway in a gusty crosswind. :(

D24112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 MT
That's a pretty Cub. You always keep it that clean? What's the motor, A65?

I used to have a 1950 PA-20 Pacer. That was a great little plane. Until I thought I could land it on a hard runway in a gusty crosswind. :(
Yep A65. Was originally built with a Lycoming so the data plate list it as a J3L. Was the EAA raffle plane in 2012 and totally gone over. Guy that won it traded it for two dresser harleys and we bought it from the FBO that ended up with it. I've lost control of a Chief in a crosswind but only went into the grass so, I'm still leery of crosswinds on asphalt. 4500 hours and only 30 in a taildragger. Helicopters are much easier.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Did posts get deleted? There were quite a few more really cool posts and they’re gone now...

For the posted threads - those are some nice collectibles fellas!!

That Cougar is real nice - don’t see too many Mercury products any more, even at the local Car shows around my area, never see a Cougar at all.

Keep ‘em coming!

KV Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
We have so much junk, I mean, classics, I can barely keep track of it all. LOL
Some of it is decent.
Like my better half owns a '67 Dan Gurney Special Cougar. Yeah, it's just a base Cougar with a sticker, but it's still a DG Special. And it has 365K miles on the odometer. She also owns a '69 Cougar convertible, thats in decent shape, but really needs a motor transplant, and a good paint job.
I have a '70 fastback Mustang that I have owned since 1988, but it currently needs a little TLC to get back on the road.
We also have a '51 Ford Custom, that is a thorn in my side. It was her daddy's, and after he passed away she was given the car. It had sat since the mid '70s, so it needed a lot of work to get running. I got it running, but now I cant keep it running. I thought I had it whipped, but then it bit me in the butt last summer and I havent touched it since.
For "projects", AKA crap I want to sell but get over ruled, is a 1960 Falcon wagon that is no where near running condition, and a 1967 Ranchero. I had her convinced to sell the Ranchero, right up until I found someone interested in buying it and they she changed her mind.
Lastly we have a stock 67 Mustang coupe that I do have permission to sell, maybe. It runs, but needs some work (like everything else we have.)
Sponsored