Sponsored

HD Radio - poor reception?

rocknstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium A6
2017 401A car. I had the sound system replaced with aftermarket amps and speakers a few months ago. I don't listen to FM all that often but occasionally I do.

There are a couple of stations that I can listen to in HD but there is one I like to listen to that HD just can't pick up.

Now, my wife has a 2018 Grand Cherokee (Altitude) and that system picks up this one particular station in HD just fine.

So I'm a bit perplexed. HD works as it does pick up a couple of stations but maybe it doesn't register with weaker stations very well.

Anyone else experience this?

Could I (the audio shop I mean) have damaged the HD antenna during install? Honestly, I don't remember if HD worked any better before I did did the swap.

Anything else I can check?

Thanks.
Sponsored

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
HD uses the same antenna as the car's radio...It could also be how well the receiver is designed. HD is sent on a subcarrier (just like the annoying text streams that many FM stations send).

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have a '16 and since day one I noticed it doesn't pick up any radio stations as well as my Jeep or Dodge truck. Sometimes I cannot even get reception where I can in my other two vehicles.

OP
OP

rocknstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium A6
I have a '16 and since day one I noticed it doesn't pick up any radio stations as well as my Jeep or Dodge truck. Sometimes I cannot even get reception where I can in my other two vehicles.
Thanks for letting me know your experience. Just sounds like the reception isn't all that great.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
I have the same problem. I ended up turning HD radio off entirely.

Sponsored

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I have a 2016 401A car with NAV, HD Radio etc. Since day 1 of owning it, it has had poor HD reception. I just upgraded my 2011 Edge Limited to SYNC 3/NAV, and it has exceptional HD reception! I am so irrated that my Mustang can't pick up a radio station that is 35 miles from me in HD!
Just tried replacing the anttenna with a new one from Ford last week, same result. looking for any siggestions on how one would increase reception since Ford dropped the ball on us...

2014ShelbyGT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT 500; 2019 Mustang EcoBoost
Do you have a conv
Just tried replacing the anttenna with a new one from Ford last week, same result. looking for any siggestions on how one would increase reception since Ford dropped the ball on us...
Do you have a convertible? Because they have to replace the entire back glass on a regular car to change the antenna!
Sponsored