Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Soooooo
Ford hasn’t fixed this yet correct? They’re still replacing gears, driveshafts, rims etc ... with no luck. I want mine fixed but I want to wait till they actually know what’s wrong.
There seems to be more than one issue, or a combination of issues. And then the problems returns later. :(
Sponsored

barrykaye1001

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.discountpackagingdepot.com
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Soooooo
Ford hasn’t fixed this yet correct? They’re still replacing gears, driveshafts, rims etc ... with no luck. I want mine fixed but I want to wait till they actually know what’s wrong.
Perhaps they did figure it out and made a design change to the DS to address it. We'll see......

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Perhaps they did figure it out and made a design change to the DS to address it. We'll see......
My DS was changed out. It had a lot of slack in the U-joint. That and putting 350R rims on it have my car very smooth. The vibration is gone. At worst it was minimal though. But @ 90-100 the vibration bugged me.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
My drive shaft got replaced today for clanking when shifting from D to P and back. 3 dealers never acknowledged my vibration/rotating sound. In glad to say its fixed. Its much smoother on the freeway and non of that fast rotational sounds at 70-75mph. That was honestly a nightmare to deal with, and it got fixed for a whole other reason though im sure both issues were related. I cant really stand by the dealers on this one, what a bunch of shit, but im glad its fixed

Last edited:

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Glad to hear you had some success.

Sponsored

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Quick question - as far as the steering wheel, would you feel a vibration in it or would it be kind of a back and forth shimmy that you can actually see and feel like an imbalanced or flatspotted tire? I have a back and forth shimmy in my 18 GT and I'm concerned about the driveline issue since it is still there even after replacing the wheels and tires. Don't feel a major vibration anywhere but have only driven it three times.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Quick question - as far as the steering wheel, would you feel a vibration in it or would it be kind of a back and forth shimmy that you can actually see and feel like an imbalanced or flatspotted tire? I have a back and forth shimmy in my 18 GT and I'm concerned about the driveline issue since it is still there even after replacing the wheels and tires. Don't feel a major vibration anywhere but have only driven it three times.
My experience has been that the "back and forth motion" is a tire issue. A straight vibration/rumble in the steering wheel is from the drive line and probably the drive shaft. This is usually accompanied by a vibration in my butt (from external sources) and the rear view mirror shakes.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My experience has been that the "back and forth motion" is a tire issue. A straight vibration/rumble in the steering wheel is from the drive line and probably the drive shaft. This is usually accompanied by a vibration in my butt (from external sources) and the rear view mirror shakes.
That's been my experience as well. I had a driveshaft issue on my '06, so I know what that vibration feels like. I've also had my share of unbalanced/flatspotted tires, and that shake is most like what I'm getting now. It just seems strange that it occurs with two sets of wheels/tires. Guess I'll ask the dealer for my free new-car front end alignment.

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
That's been my experience as well. I had a driveshaft issue on my '06, so I know what that vibration feels like. I've also had my share of unbalanced/flatspotted tires, and that shake is most like what I'm getting now. It just seems strange that it occurs with two sets of wheels/tires. Guess I'll ask the dealer for my free new-car front end alignment.
Did you road force balance the tires? I went through 8 or 9 tires on my new Focus before I had a set of 4 that were actually round.

BTW, Performance Chassis over there in Cary is a good place to check your alignment if you're looking for some place other than the dealer.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Did you road force balance the tires? I went through 8 or 9 tires on my new Focus before I had a set of 4 that were actually round.

BTW, Performance Chassis over there in Cary is a good place to check your alignment if you're looking for some place other than the dealer.
When I took mine in for the drive train vibration they road force balanced the tires and found 3 that were bad. This helped noticeably but I still have the minor drive shaft shake.

Sponsored

Unadilla248

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
7x
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My 16 has had wheel shimmy and vibration since new Ive tried RF balancing and few different sets of wheels including a set from a friends stang that has zero shimmy or vibes.

Last edited:

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any 2018s with the vibration? I'm still not sure but I'm starting to worry. I'm getting a shake/vibration that I feel in the gas pedal and steering wheel in the 60-70 mph range. It doesn't really feel like driving on rumble strips as someone described, and the rear view doesn't shake. But there is a definite slight but obvious front end shake/vibration at those speeds. I do still have a bit of steering wheel shimmy at 55-60 mph so I'm sure the wheels are a bit out of balance, so maybe that's a factor. As I mentioned, I had a driveshaft/rear diff issue with my 2016, and this is not that, at least to that extent. There is no harmonic resonance or seat/butt vibration, and it doesn't seem to come on at the same speed every time like the driveline issue did.

I'm riding on 20's which I've never had before, so I'm hoping maybe they are just a litter harsher than I'm used to and need slight re-balancing. Also hoping it's a road surface issue I drive same road daily so hard to compare to other roads. I'll be taking her on a long road trip this weekend so will get to see how she does on other roads surfaces. If it's still there, I'll have tires re-balanced and have Ford do my one-time-free-new-car-alignment and see if that helps.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Any 2018s with the vibration? I'm still not sure but I'm starting to worry. I'm getting a shake/vibration that I feel in the gas pedal and steering wheel in the 60-70 mph range. It doesn't really feel like driving on rumble strips as someone described, and the rear view doesn't shake. But there is a definite slight but obvious front end shake/vibration at those speeds. I do still have a bit of steering wheel shimmy at 55-60 mph so I'm sure the wheels are a bit out of balance, so maybe that's a factor. As I mentioned, I had a driveshaft/rear diff issue with my 2016, and this is not that, at least to that extent. There is no harmonic resonance or seat/butt vibration, and it doesn't seem to come on at the same speed every time like the driveline issue did.

I'm riding on 20's which I've never had before, so I'm hoping maybe they are just a litter harsher than I'm used to and need slight re-balancing. Also hoping it's a road surface issue I drive same road daily so hard to compare to other roads. I'll be taking her on a long road trip this weekend so will get to see how she does on other roads surfaces. If it's still there, I'll have tires re-balanced and have Ford do my one-time-free-new-car-alignment and see if that helps.

Sounds like you have a totally different issue. Thats nothing like everyone else with the drivetrain vibration is experiencing

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10

Sounds like tires to me. Be sure and get a road force balance.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fingers crossed that you guys are right.
Sponsored