F-150 Manifold Testing/Journey

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
So I have no desire to try to install this myself bc I fear getting everything apart and not knowing how the hell to put it back together lol. The local mechanic that I go to quoted me abut $250 to install it, which isn't a lot but also isn't cheap.

For those of you that have installed it, is it worth the cost to install it?
its really not that involved just take your time to watch videos before you start. its really straight forward. i watched the lmr gt350 mani video and followed step by step pretty much. someone above posted the changes for the F150 mani and those were spot on from what i did.

anyways after a little more time behind the wheel it def feels more alive down low, just easier to drive and i feel like im always in power band instead of having to climb rpms to get there. checked my knock again today and was more in neg knock i think the highest pos knock i saw was 0.7 so im not too concerned. i wouldnt pay someone 250 to install this but id do it again for the price of the mani and sensor.
Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Your gonna love it
The back of the manifold. See post #62
kinda hard to describe but did either of you guys notice increased engine noise or vibration after install. or anything different in terms of sounds or feeling besides increased torque/driveability?

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
apex15stangPP

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So I was able to play around alittle today and put a GT350 TB on to just see how it felt and acted. So far good. I don’t know if it’s placebo or not put it feels very very responsive now! Very happy. I’ll have a chance to drive the car a couple hundred miles this Saturday to get a real feel to see if it did anything.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Intake came in today. Did you guys just put it on or did anyone get rid of the followers on the top?

Sponsored

OP
OP
apex15stangPP

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Followers?

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
I’m still porting mine once I’m done I’ll install

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
Intake came in today. Did you guys just put it on or did anyone get rid of the followers on the top?
If you mean the plastic rails that go over the foam on the fuel rails which hold the thick heater hoses... Then no. Just zip ties.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you mean the plastic rails that go over the foam on the fuel rails which hold the thick heater hoses... Then no. Just zip ties.
Talking about the followers(inside the manifold opening) that are in the opening on top where the throttle body attaches.

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
kinda hard to describe but did either of you guys notice increased engine noise or vibration after install. or anything different in terms of sounds or feeling besides increased torque/driveability?
Not really. The only thing I can remember is when I first put it on and snapped the two bolts i did a quick start and just seemed odd. When I fixed the bolts and retorqued everything correctly cant say I've heard anything strange since.

I'm assuming you do? Describe it.

Talking about the followers(inside the manifold opening) that are in the opening on top where the throttle body attaches.
I had to look at my old picture but im assuming you mean this :

Sponsored

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
I removed mine and ported the opening, I’m porting the intake ports too . Once I’m done I’ll share how it is

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
any idea what purpose they served?

I believe it has something to do with emissions/breaking up the air in the plenum to flow more efficiently.

I left mine. *shrug*

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not really. The only thing I can remember is when I first put it on and snapped the two bolts i did a quick start and just seemed odd. When I fixed the bolts and retorqued everything correctly cant say I've heard anything strange since.

I'm assuming you do? Describe it.

I had to look at my old picture but im assuming you mean this :

thats it

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
They're flow straighteners. I wouldn't get rid of them, particularly for purposes of what you're trying to get out of this intake.
Sponsored