Sponsored

DIY - Lifting Gas Pedal w/ Spacers for Heel-Toe, <$5

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
Did a search, looks like it will be very suitable for this application, thanks again !
Sponsored

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Acetal is the material synonymous with Delrin which is a brand name. It’s about the toughest unreinforced plastic that’s still cheap, machines well, and is more dimensionally stable than Nylon which can dry out and become brittle over time. There’s a reason Delrin is used in OE spherical bearings for suspension components just like the PP cars have.

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
agreed, I was just showing something similar to the product being offered.

Sponsored

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
10-4, FYI the same part numbers come up when you punch them into Amazon, just a lot more money. They must be Delrin's PNs

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
so, aside from purchase options, what is your opinion on "cradling" the accelerator pedal with the spacer versus just a blunt spacer? ie. spacer is larger than the accelerator ends with spaces to hold the pedal as well as space it. something like the garageline piece. not sure if I worded that right.

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Do you mean counterboring the holes in the spacers so that the bosses on the pedal fit into them? I don't see that being necessary, the studs are what locate everything and you're not really going to improve on that. It's not that the factory pedal mounting scheme is sloppy, it's that the firewall is too far away, essentially.

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
That is indeed what I meant, and good to know.

OySmallFry@SCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SpaceCitySpyLLC
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Awesome mod OP! I'd definitely like to order a set when you get a new batch in SCS.
On the way :)
Black sets and red sets.
M6G discount will still be valid.

Sponsored

OySmallFry@SCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SpaceCitySpyLLC
Vehicle(s)
Turbo

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Jmart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Premium, Lightning Blue
I just tried ordering these through your website and the discount code doesn't seem to be working. Any chance we can get an extension on the discount code? :cheers:

Hey guys, I realize this thread hasn't seen any action in a minute, but for those that run across this-
If any forum members are still looking to even up their pedals a bit, I have tons of spacers here in my workshop. If you want a turnkey solution, I'm happy to provide. Use the discount code M6G to bring the price to just under $8 (50% off), shipping included anywhere in the US. It was a fun little project, doing a little design work with nylon.

I run these daily and it's a breeze to bridge that now-smaller gap and blip the throttle for a heel-toe downshift.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Never tested this myself. But I think the base of the pedal will touch the handle of the pedal (hence stop the pedal from being pushed in further) before the pedal touches the floor mat of the car. If indeed so then lifting the pedal with spacers won't make the travel any longer.

If you are willing, try pressing the gas pedal down with your hand and see what happens, and report back.

I bet, even without spacers, the handle will contact the base first.
Is there a way to raise the pedal itself, instead of the whole assembly? I haven't crawled under there to look yet.
Sponsored