Sponsored

4th of July Rebates...who's jumping ship?

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
For Memorial Day weekend I was very tempted to switch it up to a Charger 392 Scatpack w/dynamic pkg. I decided to just stick with my car but Dodge is really dropping prices on their Chargers and Challengers. I'm wondering if the leaked images of the new 2019's upgrades have slowed down sales.

So any of you considering jumping ship? If so, what are you looking at?
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
They have a lot of rebates/deals on the Challenger/Charger all the time already, plus they're easy to finance. If I was looking, I'd give the Camaro a fair shot before the 2019 front design came out, but either way it'd still likely be a sports coupe and the Mustang won the first time.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't mind a scatpack charger or challenger, but I'd lose too much on trade-in so just not feasible without being a complete financial moron.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I like the Challenger Hellcat and the Camaro ZL1 a lot, but I prefer the Mustang GT over the SS and Scat Pack. I feel like the GT has a nice mix of both strait line power and the ability to handle the twist and turns, plus it also looks best IMO. That being said I think the Challengers and Camaros are both great cars.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Thought about a scat Pack off and on over the years. Actually had two ordered and FCA order window issues killed both.

I am glad I went with the 18 GT and A10. The Mopars are absolute pigs. They move but the Mustang has far more potential.

Sponsored

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I'm seriously considering a scat pack in red octane or f8 green. I got excited when I first saw some advertised at 10-12k off, but after reading the fine print, its only if you qualify for all the rebates and nobody does. I'd be lucky to get a quarter of them. Its weird that I can't find one with exactly the options I want either (auto, leather, forged wheels). I found a few with a couple more options, but they want over 40k and I wanted to keep it in the mid-30's. Its funny, but seems Koons may have the best prices on challengers as well. May have to call them to see what they can do. On the other had I am hesitant to give up the 0% financing on my 16. I may end up keeping it for awhile or possibly get an 18 in ruby or crimson if I can find a smoking deal and use my 750 off coupon that I finally got and didn't even request this time.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I like the Challenger, but it's just too big and heavy for me. If I gave up track days, maybe I would switch. They are super nice for cruising on the highway.

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I would really consider a 2018 Camaro if I can get 0%.

Thundersteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
I had a 2012 Challenger SRT8 for 4 years before I bought my Mustang. Even though the Challenger was quicker, roomier, and more comfortable, I still prefer my Mustang.

OP
OP
Vato

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
I like the Challenger, but it's just too big and heavy for me. If I gave up track days, maybe I would switch. They are super nice for cruising on the highway.
A fellow 6g guy at Thunderhill Raceway in northern California. Watch the Daytona do work. I'm sure a Scatpack would do similar work. I don't think switching over to a Charger would lose too much fun at the track. Now if you're a real track junkie, then yeah stay with the stang. However for me, I like 2-3 track day a year. I don't plan to be competitive. I just want to keep the skills tuned up.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
A fellow 6g guy at Thunderhill Raceway in northern California. Watch the Daytona do work. I'm sure a Scatpack would do similar work. I don't think switching over to a Charger would lose too much fun at the track. Now if you're a real track junkie, then yeah stay with the stang. However for me, I like 2-3 track day a year. I don't plan to be competitive. I just want to keep the skills tuned up.

Yup - fast on the straights, slow on the turns. ;) I've been at the track with my regular base 2015 GT a few years ago and the Challenger that was there didn't seem much slower than the base GT on all season Pirellis. I'm sure you can have plenty of fun in a Challenger at the road course.

I'm not ready to give up my GT350, though. I seriously love how the suspension is set up. It's not overly stiff and it also never feels floaty. I don't get to the track that often either, but when I do I love my car.

I do like the comfort of the Challenger, but I think even the Mustang is too big and boaty. I wish it were a couple inches lower and shorter at a minimum.
Sponsored