Rear seat covers - yes, I have a dog

RickBetterley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium convertible
And she’s a golden retriever, so she leaves her fur everywhere.
Suggestions for washable rear seat covers for my 2019 convertible?
She says thank you
DB268534-6858-433B-9709-BEFAB37A96EF.jpeg
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
My dog doesn't harm the seats. His fur floats about the cabin and lands on the velcro-like black carpet of the parcel tray and floor. Unless you plan to wrap your dog in plastic, a seat protector is just going to prevent paw prints which you can just wipe off.

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
My dog doesn't harm the seats. His fur floats about the cabin and lands on the velcro-like black carpet of the parcel tray and floor. Unless you plan to wrap your dog in plastic, a seat protector is just going to prevent paw prints which you can just wipe off.
This was basically my experience as well. My dog has hair like your retriever and covering the seats (with a sheet) does absolutely nothing to keep hair from getting all over the rest of the car.

He's not allowed in the Mustang anymore. LOL. I purchased a VW GTI hatchback to haul him around in, so he has his own car now.

OP
OP
RickBetterley

RickBetterley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
This was basically my experience as well. My dog has hair like your retriever and covering the seats (with a sheet) does absolutely nothing to keep hair from getting all over the rest of the car.

He's not allowed in the Mustang anymore. LOL. I purchased a VW GTI hatchback to haul him around in, so he has his own car now.
She does have the F250 to ride in, but there will be days I really want to head out for a day and that means Daisy will need to come with us.
I may just have to get used to cleaning the rear seats each time, yuck

OP
OP
RickBetterley

RickBetterley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Well, one year on, I finally went to install the WeatherTech rear seat cover for my 2019 convertible.
It’s a generic cover (not specific to the Mustang) and didn’t work at all.
The cover needs a well-defined headrest to hook onto; no way is the convertible rear seat headrest workable.
WeatherTech was very generous in taking it back, but I’d like to find a cover that fits the Mustang.
I realize it won’t hold perfectly in place.
Suggestions?
Thanks

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Suggestions?
Thanks
......Shave the dog.

In seriousness though, I bought a piece of azec, cut it to fit on top of the back seats, glued some carpet to it, and use that for long dog trips. The contours of those seats are horrible for dogs to lay on (not to mention any humans that aren't Tyrion Lannister back there). Then I just lay a blanket across the back to protect from drool or wet dog. I like the hard piece better because I think it's better for the dogs, and it protects from any possible claw damage and what-not. No straps so I can just fold up the front seats and pull it out. Cheap DIY project.
Sponsored