Sponsored

Oldest GT350 owner?

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
What a brutal thread.

57. Still do all my own wrenching, with floor jacks and hand tools, in the 100 degree heat. Can still make the car dance, without getting my heart rate up. But I can still get my heart rate to 190 at the end of my workout. "70 is the new 50."

Take that, younglings! :thumbsup:
57 here as well and on dialysis and I can still work out and drive the snot out of the car will probably not last as long as some of you others out there but I am having fun until the end! :cheers:
Sponsored

OP
OP
SVTinAR

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
Looks like Johnny1 is holding the mark so far. Don't underestimate us older gents. I've pulled and rebuilt and reinstalled 3 transmissions in my garage in the last 18 months by myself (two 4 speeds and a 727 Auto). And they all work and don't leak. Also during the same period, pulled, sandblasted, and rebuilt the entire front and rear suspension on my 67 GTX including pulling the pumpkin and reinstalled it 4 times (blasted Richmond gears are junk). I have a 4-post lift but would just as soon work under a car up on jack stands from a cushy creeper. It's kind of an aerobic workout program getting down and back up off the floor 40 or 50 times in a morning (never seem to grab the right size wrench that I need).

oldmachguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
. . . It's kind of an aerobic workout program getting down and back up off the floor 40 or 50 times in a morning (never seem to grab the right size wrench that I need).
Right on, SVTinAR!

Grew up in Houston, so the heat is my briar patch. Can stay out there for hours, with the sweat pouring off my face. The wife comes out once in awhile to make sure the car hasn't fallen on me. :lol: By the afternoon, I've had as good, or better, of a workout as an hour in the gym.

Like my wife says, "better do it while you still can." ;)

Socalrugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H4111
I'm the one 73 and started with a five year lease and have had it for a year. So hopefully will still be slapping gears at 77.
Confucius say, “better to slap gears, than to slap pistons”

Sponsored

Krogen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White & Blue Stripes
Well, I need a little clarification here. Do you mean chronological age or intellectual age? Sometimes I experience a wide gap between the two. Other times, not so much. Despite the variable gap, I have yet to see my intellectual age exceed my chronological age.

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
Age can very much be a state of mind. As long as my health holds up (God willing), I'll be driving fast cars and living like I'm younger.

I think a lot of guys get out of sports cars because of their back alone.. getting in and out of a low slung car, riding in bucket seats, and the harsher ride have already done some of my friends in.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Jay Leno is 68 years old and drives an R.
The great Allen Grant has an R and drove it at Sonoma (Sears Point) last year... he's 78 years old.
I'm a young'in compared to those two... at 47.

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Some of you sound like my dad, and that’s a compliment in the biggest way...he’s my role model/Superman. Our family is eat up with car fascinations.

I’m 37 and any car/jeep/bike project we have, he works freakin circles around me. I just try to soak up as much knowledge as i can...he’s a damn good mechanic. :cheers: