2018 Bullitt Mustang (and Features) Confirmed in Window Sticker

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I gonna take a stab and say that it will dyno the same as a regular gt, however Ford might say it has a few more ponies. Putting the amount this motor was underrated to rest. Just my best guess
Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Will Dodge release a black Bullitt edition Charger?

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Maybe this will be the first production Mustang with Power Pack 3 Installed from the Factory. It’s 50 State Legal. Looks like it will probably fit in the DI space (or at least with a few tweaks) and they’ve probably been working on the ‘18 Ford Performance Upgrades, anyway. Introduce the Bullitt with PP3 in Detroit in January, then reveal the Powerpacks next Summer.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
That would be a hard choice. Power pack 3 or the Roush supercharger.
I'd prefer a nice NA setup. I just enjoy them more.

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
^That. I can't imagine them having that option listed on what is almost certainly a genuine window sticker, not to offer it in the end...
The biggest question I have, is what kind of performance bump will be offered? It's more or less a guarantee that there will be SOME form of performance enhancement, just dying to know what. I'm guessing gearing(as that notation is suspiciously missing):clap2:, a unique intake, and a revamped exhaust. Let's call it 475 :D
The Mexican Bullitt is in CA. Ford not interested in that one...
There was not much left of the original car.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Regarding the automatic, I think it’s likely. Between the leaked window sticker saying 10 speed on it (which I still think had some legitimacy to it) and the fact that lots of Bullitt fans are older, the auto could entice them out of their manual 01s and 08s. Plus it’s almost certain to ensure more sales success which I’m sure helped justify the weaker business case for doing another Bullitt.
Tradition holds it stays stick only....however I think (speculate) Ford BREAKS tradition and the 18 Bullitt will be available with either tranny. As Bullitt notes the business case is just too strong not to do it and Ford is really big on the new auto 10 sp. and this would be a good way to show it off from a performance perspective. :ford:

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
^That. I can't imagine them having that option listed on what is almost certainly a genuine window sticker, not to offer it in the end...
:D
Sorry - I strongly feel that sticker is far from genuine.... miko suede seat inserts (CA Special seat description not a Recaro), window louvers-- certainly not on the captured car, quad exhaust, maybe but it will apparently be a unique blacked out quad exhaust and that would be spelled out in the sticker....there is NOTHING correct on that sticker upon which you can base a guess that you cannot make without the sticker. It confirms and binds Ford to ZERO.:cheers:.

Last edited:

T5owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 T-5
.... so the stars may be aligning.
Looking forward to a real thrilling 50th Anniversary show. We had a good time with the UK "predictive commercial" quickie, the video script needed just a twist with the test drive (of the red 2017). Ok, we did not have a script:-), just 4 hours to wrap a story.

Time to squeeze in Topnotchs "1968 meets 2018" rendering, that he contributed earlier, but wasn't used in the vid yet.
68meets2018.jpg

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
In the only image online from the “ad shoot” of the upcoming S550 Bullitt - how come it looks like there is a definitive light emitting from under the park/fog light assembly - as if there is a relocated fog light cluster? Is that just some type of reflection??

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Lights

In the only image online from the “ad shoot” of the upcoming S550 Bullitt - how come it looks like there is a definitive light emitting from under the park/fog light assembly - as if there is a relocated fog light cluster? Is that just some type of reflection??
Photo looks like it was originally taken inside, or in a tunnel (lower Wacker Drive, for instance) with overhead lighting. Reflection in Windshield and Hood matches Reflection Under Fog Lights. Reflection also from overhead in Right Side Door Mirror onto the Pavement.

Light Reflection also makes Windshield Frame look like it’s trimmed with Chrome.

Gloss Black Grill?

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Of course a Ford PR guy isn't going to validate it. That was them just trying to prevent this car from leaking out before their planned schedule. Clearly they couldn't stop this car from leaking as we now have several pictures to confirm it's existence. The window sticker was never proving all the details, it was merely proving this car existed in Ford's system and was real. Now the pictures further prove that. And even when confronted with the new pictures, the Ford PR person said to Motor Trend “Sorry, not sure when any official information will be released.” Even with Bullitt clearly written on the back. :lol:

In my earlier post I was citing the window sticker as proof of the 10 speed because again, if it were not possible then Ford's system wouldn't allow it to be put on a window sticker. I'm not 100% sure but I'd be really surprised if it's manual only.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Of course a Ford PR guy isn't going to validate it. That was them just trying to prevent this car from leaking out before their planned schedule. Clearly they couldn't stop this car from leaking as we now have several pictures to confirm it's existence. The window sticker was never proving all the details, it was merely proving this car existed in Ford's system and was real. Now the pictures further prove that. And even when confronted with the new pictures, the Ford PR person said to Motor Trend “Sorry, not sure when any official information will be released.” Even with Bullitt clearly written on the back. :lol:

In my earlier post I was citing the window sticker as proof of the 10 speed because again, if it were not possible then Ford's system wouldn't allow it to be put on a window sticker. I'm not 100% sure but I'd be really surprised if it's manual only.

If someone is going to claim the window sticker is genuine but then Ford directly says it isn't then the only real evidence is what Ford actually says. Not trying to take anything away from the rest of the discussion, just what the person I quoted said. The car very well could be real, but that window sticker isn't.
Sponsored