Sponsored

Depressing Thread: How many have their GT350 tucked away for winter?

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
Just changed oil and gave her a good wash and wax before I put on the battery tender and threw on the car cover Friday as they were putting salt on the streets. I left the tires on. There were no flat spots last year whatsoever. No fuel stabilizer either as it wasn't needed though I made sure the tank was full with a high quality 93. See you in March.

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
I know a bunch of you guys are hardcore and just swap onto snow tires and drive your GT350s throughout the winter, but I just can't bear subjecting my nice cars to the salt, sand, gravel, and de-icer that they use on the roads here in northern Illinois. Sometimes, I think the county highway department guys have a brother-in-law who sells road salt, the way they spread the stuff so thick!!!

Yesterday was nice enough that I was tempted to take mine out for a spin. Unfortunately the township guys dumped a pile of salt at the end of the street that looks like the one you pictured. If I didn't have to drive over that crap, the roads out here are pretty darn clean.

Moogatwo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ZL1 M6
Sounds like a plan!
I will join you, I'm 10 minutes from Woodfield!

Mine is washed, and waxed, but sadly will sit out another year in my assigned apartment space. Got buried at work this summer, did not have time to do serious house shopping. Tax season is just a month away, so will not be able to start looking at houses again until April. Poor Shelby will have to survive another outside-only winter :(

Last edited:

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
I will join you, I'm 10 minutes from Woodfield!

Mine is washed, and waxed, but sadly will sit out another year in my assigned apartment space. Got buried at work this summer, did not have time to do serious house shopping. Tax season is just a month away, so will not be able to start looking at houses again until April. Poor Shelby will have to survive another outside-only winter :(
Room for 1 more? I'm a good 45 minutes south.

Took 1 last drive today. Cleaned, Ctek, and covered by 5pm. Snow started falling at 6pm.

Sponsored

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
I don't know how you guys can go without driving this car for 3+ straight months. I went 5 days and had to take her out - low 40s, rain earlier washed most of the salt off the roads. Then it started raining again, a couple of rear end slide outs on turns so put her in snow/rain mode.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Hoping for a few of those 50 degree winter days (maybe once a month) to get her out and about. Usually wait until a good rain washes the salt off the roads and the roads are dry.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I don't know how you guys can go without driving this car for 3+ straight months. I went 5 days and had to take her out - low 40s, rain earlier washed most of the salt off the roads. Then it started raining again, a couple of rear end slide outs on turns so put her in snow/rain mode.
It's hard, bro. But when you need $1,500 worth of non-tire consumables and you just bought a new kitchen on black friday, you gotta' make it work. Wife let me spend 14+ days at the track this year. I guess it's time I finally got around to that kitchen remodel. :lol:

nhgaudreau

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nolan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Thankfully I live in the Bay Area where it doesn't really get below 40. I'll be driving it a lot this winter :)

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Thankfully I live in the Bay Area where it doesn't really get below 40. I'll be driving it a lot this winter :)
I live in San Jose and it hit 30F last night, well at my house anyway. :)

Sponsored

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
It's hard, bro. But when you need $1,500 worth of non-tire consumables and you just bought a new kitchen on black friday, you gotta' make it work. Wife let me spend 14+ days at the track this year. I guess it's time I finally got around to that kitchen remodel. :lol:
I feel ya there, mine's up for the winter as well :( Contractor is coming first thing in the morning to build a deck across the whole back of our house, but I'm hoping I can still talk my wife out of another set of wheels this winter. I've not even had the car a year and I've already bought 2 sets of wheels lol. I'll just tell her the third time will be the charm. :lol:

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I feel ya there, mine's up for the winter as well :( Contractor is coming first thing in the morning to build a deck across the whole back of our house, but I'm hoping I can still talk my wife out of another set of wheels this winter. I've not even had the car a year and I've already bought 2 sets of wheels lol. I'll just tell her the third time will be the charm. :lol:
Looks like we are on the same wavelength - ha! I might or might not be in the process of shopping wheels as well :)

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Looks like we are on the same wavelength - ha! I might or might not be in the process of shopping wheels as well :)
Yeah this $5k deck is really cutting into my wheel budget :lol:

What wheels are you looking at yourself?

nhgaudreau

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nolan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I live in San Jose and it hit 30F last night, well at my house anyway. :)
Haha, and I retract what I said... Still, we don't have to deal with salt, so that's nice.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I can tell you it sucks. I can't even afford a decent second car, so I'm stuck driving an old Explorer.
Sponsored