OP
OP
scottmoyer

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
Car is at the body shop. 2morrow mentioned Speedkore and I decided to go with their look on the grey carbon fiber car, but with black and red stripe. The black stripe will be the wide stripe and the red will be the smaller stripe. A local decal shop is coming up with a template so the stripes can be painted on.

Also, they sanded down to 320 grit to get the marks out. Even at 320, they said a few spots still remained. Good thing their taking it all the way down, primer, paint and lots of clear!!!

Below is the start of it all!!

The interior is black with red stitching, so I added some red paint to my shift ball. I think it will tie in nicely.
imagejpeg_2.jpg
20171205_080751_1512479271632 copy.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
Car is at the body shop. 2morrow mentioned Speedkore and I decided to go with their look on the grey carbon fiber car, but with black and red stripe. The black stripe will be the wide stripe and the red will be the smaller stripe. A local decal shop is coming up with a template so the stripes can be painted on. ...

Do you mean this one? That would look great:
599283.jpg

Speaking of custom paint jobs, I really like the Tickford Bathurst '77 Special. It is based on the Australian Ford Falcons of Allan Moffat and Colin Bond that finished a legendary 1-2 in the Bathurst 1000 in 1977:
2017_tickford_mustang_bathurst_77_01_1-0706.jpg

GT77.jpg

OP
OP
scottmoyer

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
Nope. I'm talking about this one. I wanted something that stood out different from other Mustangs, but I also figured it needs to look responsible for daily driving. If it was going to be a show car only, I'd have used a more radical look. After paint, I plan on changing the wheels and a few other things.

26b5fa62d1a5674c43238da59e9fbdc9-500.jpg

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
This is going on top of Magnetic right? Won't look as neat as all the carbon fiber weaves in the Speedkore one though lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
scottmoyer

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
Well, it's mostly sanded. I was told that they'll take the bumper covers off and windows out on Monday.
20171208_120607.jpg

OP
OP
scottmoyer

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
I provided the body shop with the look I finally decided to go with. They are laying it out hopefully tomorrow. The car is completely stripped, windows removed, and ready for primer. This is the what the paint scheme will look like. Please remember that I just have a GT and the Speedkore car has a different front splitter and rear valence, but this should give an idea of the look.
black_red.jpg
black_red2.jpg

OP
OP
scottmoyer

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
The car is in the paint booth and I helped the graphics person lay out the tape for the paint lines. The painter wants to paint this different than I'm used to, so I need to listen to him, since he's the professional. He wants each color to be the same thickness, so the grey might be 5 mils, the red will be 5 mils and the black will be 5 mils. He said there will be no feeling the painted edges under the clear.

My way would have been to paint the entire car grey, then mask off the red and black. He said doing it that way will give me 5 mils of grey and a total of 10 mils thickness on the red and black.

So, what you are looking at is two tape lines on the driver's side. The inside tape line will be removed to paint the top coat of black. After it sets up, he will reapply that inside tape line to the edge of the outside piece of tape, then remove the outside piece of tape to spray the grey. The passenger side is the same, but has tape laid out for the black edge, the red stripe and the grey stripe that separates the two. He has a lot of unmasking and remasking to do while painting.
front_stripe.jpg
rear_layout.jpg

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
This will look much better than the original sketch. Curious to see how it comes out.

I will say you will absolutely need to set it up with the proper suspension and wheels/tires though.

Good luck!

OP
OP
scottmoyer

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
I'm planning on Eibach Pro springs and possibly some MRR GT1 wheels in black with a polished lip. Below is a photoshop of what I want the car to look like, so I also need 15% window tint.

attachment.jpg

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Can't wait to see the end result :thumbsup:

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Looks great, can't wait for the finished pics!:headbang:

I heard something and i'm wondering if you can confirm. I heard that when you pull the rear quarter glass, that they aren't reusable, you have to replace them.

Bob

OP
OP
scottmoyer

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
I was told the same thing. The shop said that since my car is so new, they might be able to reuse them. But, if there was any question at all, they would just replace them under the warranty repair.

Based on that, if you're thinking about removing yours, be sure to have funds available for new ones.

SteedaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Ecoboost
This is going to look awesome! Can't wait to see the finished product.
Sponsored