Sponsored

"Suitcase" resonator questions...

bluestar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue Mustang GT
So I recently added a MBRP muffler delete axle back to my Mustang. I love the way it sounds. (I tend to like it a bit on the loud side.)

My question..... How much sound muffling does the suitcase resonator actually do? I would really like to add an H-Pipe in place of the stock resonator.
My only real concern is my neighbors as I live in a condo with underground parking.

Also, how much if any HP does deleting the resonator free up?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It does quite a lot for sound reduction. Replacing with an X-pipe or H-pipe will provide an almost immeasurable power change. I'd keep it or go with the magnaflow resonated X-pipe (CJ Pony Parts has a cut and clamp one) with a muffler delete. The resonated X-pipe sounds better than the suitcase, IMO. It has no rasp but improves the tone, particularly at higher rpm.

OP
OP
bluestar

bluestar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It does quite a lot for sound reduction. Replacing with an X-pipe or H-pipe will provide an almost immeasurable power change. I'd keep it or go with the magnaflow resonated X-pipe (CJ Pony Parts has a cut and clamp one) with a muffler delete. The resonated X-pipe sounds better than the suitcase, IMO. It has no rasp but improves the tone, particularly at higher rpm.
Sounds good, thanks for the response!

hmdballa219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 shadow black mustang GT
I did the exact same on my 18 brother. Resonator delete and mbrp muffler delete, I love it loud so u will love this too bro. It's insane. For real.

OP
OP
bluestar

bluestar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What about the MAC Cut and Clamp Pro Chamber Resonator Delete Mid-Pipe?

Sponsored

OP
OP
bluestar

bluestar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did the exact same on my 18 brother. Resonator delete and mbrp muffler delete, I love it loud so u will love this too bro. It's insane. For real.
I definitely like it loud! LOL! Just don't want to upset the folks in the building I live! :shrug:

cnycomp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
I definitely like it loud! LOL! Just don't want to upset the folks in the building I live! :shrug:
I just put an h-pipe on my 18 and when i start it up in my garage on cold start its pretty loud. I would imaging without any mufflers you will be waking people up.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
What about the MAC Cut and Clamp Pro Chamber Resonator Delete Mid-Pipe?
AFAIK that's just an H pipe in a box. It's still going to be much louder than the suitcase.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
I can tell you I have the Corsa Xtreme and just reinstalled the resonator, man it is so bloody quiet now haha I hate it.

Only did it because I'm selling the car, and it was too loud for most people with the x pipe. And I will transfer that to my next car with active mufflers

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I had an H pipe 1st, then added resonators to the H, then X, now MF Tru Flow X. The Tru Flow X rocks.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
A lot. That is why I am leaving exhaust factory stock. The 18 to me needs no aftermarket add on’s. Nice change.

hmdballa219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 shadow black mustang GT
Ya if u have a garage it's 10 times worse on cold start, I have to keep my garage door and remote start it from in the house

OP
OP
bluestar

bluestar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would the Magnaflow resonated X pipe make the car quieter or louder? Maybe even the same sound as the suitcase?

The Magnaflow seems like a reasonable solution. I just don't want it to quiet my Mustang down! :D
Sponsored