Cracked Intake Manifolds

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Got you. I called my dealer and asked about if the intake is covered under powertrain (since I am at 45kmi) and they do. But I think I will just do the job myself since I am tired of taking the car to the dealer.:lol:
Time for '18 intake and a tune :lol:

Since you're replacing it yourself, if anything happens after they could refuse to cover warranty.
Sponsored

JaxS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 GT PP
Hey guys, do you know where on the IM it cracked? Is it on the inside/bottom of the IM or can you see it when you take the engine cover off?

I have had a little bucking and stuff down low and thought it was just in my head but after seeing this I'm curious if I am having the same issue...but I hate taking my car in especially with it being tuned bc I dont want to deal with the headache of them telling me it cracked because of that lol.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Hey guys, do you know where on the IM it cracked? Is it on the inside/bottom of the IM or can you see it when you take the engine cover off?

I have had a little bucking and stuff down low and thought it was just in my head but after seeing this I'm curious if I am having the same issue...but I hate taking my car in especially with it being tuned bc I dont want to deal with the headache of them telling me it cracked because of that lol.
I believe it's on the inside since it causes the runner control valves to stick.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

If it's at 2000 RPM or so during steady state cruising, take it in. My check engine light turned back off before I took it in, but the codes were still stored.

JaxS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 GT PP
If it's at 2000 RPM or so during steady state cruising, take it in. My check engine light turned back off before I took it in, but the codes were still stored.
I haven't seen any codes thrown. Which is also what has made me think it was in my head or just having my clutch foot not be as smooth as I thought it was...but I have had it happen during gentle accel or slow cruising...

I'm worried that they will see my car is tuned and just blame that instead of looking into it since there aren't any codes.

Sponsored

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I haven't seen any codes thrown. Which is also what has made me think it was in my head or just having my clutch foot not be as smooth as I thought it was...but I have had it happen during gentle accel or slow cruising...

I'm worried that they will see my car is tuned and just blame that instead of looking into it since there aren't any codes.
It took a couple of weeks for mine to throw codes. I thought it was in my head as well. It threw a p0300 and then later p0308

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

I felt it long before a check engine light came on.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
They fixed it. It turned out that both charge motion control valve shafts were broken as was the intake. It’s crazy that it resulted only in a little stumble. It’s interesting now that I lost quite a bit of snap crackle and popping in my exhaust after the fix. I kind of miss it lol.

Will post the new part numbers later.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Here is the work done on the intake. New part number is fr3z-9424-n
IMG_5652.JPG

JPMagnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I had this issue on a 96 T-bird. It was replaced under factory TSB. It sucks if this is happening again. Should have stuck with aluminum.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Cracked Intake

Hey Nova,

Were they able to fix everything for you? I am curious to know what is happening with other people. I am currently in a Lemon Law case with ford because my car went in two weeks ago for my 4th intake manifold in 15k miles. I have a 2016 Mustang GT as well. I'm hoping it all works out, but I was curious to see how it is going with everyone else!
Mine has been fine, for 12500 miles or so since replacement.

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
They fixed it. It turned out that both charge motion control valve shafts were broken as was the intake. It’s crazy that it resulted only in a little stumble. It’s interesting now that I lost quite a bit of snap crackle and popping in my exhaust after the fix. I kind of miss it lol.

Will post the new part numbers later.
Yeah, my car pops and crackles a lot right now. Definitely will decrease once it's fixed, sadly :(

mhrs5502017

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Conv. White Platinum Mettalic
Add me to the list...I'm at the dealership getting it replaced now. 33k miles, although I felt it for quite some time. Just as others, I thought it was in my head...until the check engine light came on. You can really feel it at a 2000 RPM cruise in 5th and 6th gear.

Does anyone know if there has been a manifold part number change?
My 2017 Vert w/ 8,500 miles on it has been in the shop for 6 days, to address the CEL [codes revealed misfires on #8 (175+ Misfires) #7, #6, #5 (each with 30+ Misfires)]. Service advisor is telling me that they are replacing the intake manifold.

So if there is a new part number... do you happen to know what the new number is, so I can confirm which version gets installed?

Thanks to everyone for posting this type of info in this thread!

Last edited:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
My 2017 Vert w/ 8,500 miles on it has been in the shop for 6 days, to address the CEL [codes revealed misfires on #8 (175+ Misfires) #7, #6, #5 (each with 30+ Misfires)]. Service advisor is telling me that they are replacing the intake manifold.

So if there is a new part number... do you happen to know what the new number is, so I can confirm which version gets installed?

Thanks to everyone for posting this type of info in this thread!
fr3z-9424-n is what they installed for me...and what they said was the latest revision.

mhrs5502017

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Conv. White Platinum Mettalic
fr3z-9424-n is what they installed for me...and what they said was the latest revision.
Thanks millhouse! That’s the number I was seeing online, but wanted to confirm there wasn’t something newer.
Sponsored