Sponsored

EU model news: Why it's different, ordering reduction coming, Gen 7 in the works

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Thanks for the post @Ace

I'd love to understand in more detail the regulations situation for the red taillights/sequentials/tri bar drls. I.e. are they regulations for the entirety of Europe, or was it a regulation for one country & that meant that everyone in Europe suffered? If so, which country spoiled it??? :paddle:
EU has strict laws that are equal for all countries in the European Union. I wouldn't say EU spoiled it, it's more like Ford had the idea of bringing the car to more markets while the basics were done :headbonk:
In Australia we have to cop what Europe wants �� Read somewhere more Mustangs are sold in Australia than any other export market - including Canada and Mexico combined. Guess we are grateful for what we get.
Are you sure Australia has more Mustangs than Germany? We get above 5,000 per year
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Thanks for the post @Ace

I'd love to understand in more detail the regulations situation for the red taillights/sequentials/tri bar drls. I.e. are they regulations for the entirety of Europe, or was it a regulation for one country & that meant that everyone in Europe suffered? If so, which country spoiled it??? :paddle:
EU has strict laws that are equal for all countries in the European Union. I wouldn't say EU spoiled it, it's more like Ford had the idea of bringing the car to more markets while the basics were done :headbonk:
In Australia we have to cop what Europe wants �� Read somewhere more Mustangs are sold in Australia than any other export market - including Canada and Mexico combined. Guess we are grateful for what we get.
Are you sure Australia has more Mustangs than Germany? We get above 5,000 per year

So... how can a US owner add those EU power mirrors while maintaining BLIS? :p
Did people do that? Do have a link? :)

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual

I think Australia buys around 10,000 a year, while Germany is top buyer in Europe with circa 5,000 a year with UK at around 4,000.

Would it not make more sense for Ford to focus on the right hand drive market rather than EU market for exports, where the regulations are generally more strict with regards to noise and emissions? At the moment it seems that Ford is designing for the EU market which means more restrictions than required for other countries.

Sponsored

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Although it is part of the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Ferrari is treated as a stand-alone company
It doesn't belong to FCA right now.

7th Gen EU model
[*]Likely to come out in 2022
[*]Europe was already done with what they want for 7th Gen, but US took a step back to change something and delayed it.
Just thinking on this.......that would lead one to assume a 2021 (as a '22MY) US introduction :)
Yeah... that might be the case, however it says that it's delayed and considering recent rumors of it being "temporarily suspended" and sent to 2025 I'm not completely sold to the idea of a new gen Mustang arriving for 2021CY (It makes sense imagining Jim Hackett deciding on suspend it's replacement due to the good sales that the car has at the moment).

Are we talking Tesla like power? Friends that have driven a model S say its like getting launched off an aircraft carrier (not that any of them have actually done that).
I don't think so... That's because the Tesla is a Full BEV with AWD; the mustang hybrid most likely will be just a Mild Hybrid or maybe a HEV but not as good launching as the Tesla's.

arfabe16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I personally like the idea of the Mustang being known & beloved everywhere. A true global sports car.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Yes but it seems to be the EU regulations which are curtailing the performance and sound for other export markets.
I thought it was because of the RHD and the unoptimal headers due to it

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, Australia is closer to 10,000. Its the biggest market outside of the US

https://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/pony-still-galloping-across-australia/3232957/

https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/fo...s-as-australia-becomes-top-market-outside-usa

Interestingly, Ford Australia is currently holding focus groups with current Mustang owners to see what they want in the next generation. Hopefully that means more variety and local tailoring in the RHD market.

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
Perhaps they will make the passenger door mirror on RHD cars adjust properly so that its actually usable for shorter drivers
Sponsored