xx

What caused the engine failure?

• Total voters

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Well would you look at that. Same thing that happened to mine and I didn't buy anything at LMS.

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Well would you look at that. Same thing that happened to mine and I didn't buy anything at LMS.
Do you know what caused it? I was on the internet looking at different sites and it seems the cause can be gas, tune, ring gap too close. When I called Brenspeed in Indiana they said when a Coyote goes they usually see it melt pistons, etc, not break rings.

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I probably missed it somewhere....... Are you having the blower re-installed as well or are you going back to a NA build at this point?

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I probably missed it somewhere....... Are you having the blower re-installed as well or are you going back to a NA build at this point?
Blower reinstalled. They are putting a smaller pulley on at no cost and making a cai for me as well. As noted above the car is somewhat limited by the throttle body of the Magnuson. I expect the car to produce around 600 rwhp and 525 or more rwtq on a safe tune.

The short block is has 11.5:1 pistons wheras the stock engine has 11:1. So we will see how it turns out...

Sponsored

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Do you know what caused it? I was on the internet looking at different sites and it seems the cause can be gas, tune, ring gap too close. When I called Brenspeed in Indiana they said when a Coyote goes they usually see it melt pistons, etc, not break rings.
My guess is gonna be it's likely a combination of heat and slight detonation at different times. Most likely heat. I had approx 3000 Miles N/A and then the procharger stock tune for maybe around 6000 miles, and lund tune for 3000 miles. I did not baby it. 2nd gear clutch drop rolling burnouts, hot lapping at the track, multiple highway roll races to around 160mph. I bought it to run it. With the new balanced shortblock and lightened flywheel it's super smooth! No knock whatsoever. -knock at all times. I also dropped the compression to 10:1. Gonna turn it up in the near future.

yonson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 A10 401A, '16 RCSB 5.0
Supercharger Application: Superchargers are covered by this Limited Warranty only when installed by an authorized installer on a 5.0L engine in the vehicle for which they were designed, i.e. the Mustang GT MY 2015-18 and the Shelby GT MY 2015-2018.
. Engine, driveline and suspension concerns not caused by the use of Ford Performance or mountune parts remain eligible for warranty coverage according to the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Ford Performance Racing Parts Limited Warranty supercharger coverage: Part Number M-6066-M8627 is warranted for factory-supplied material and workmanship for 36 months or 36,000 miles / 60,000 kilometres, from the vehicle’s original in-service date as determined by Ford OASIS (On-Line Service Information System).
If an adverse impact is caused by a warranted Ford Performance or mountune performance pack or component, the period and coverage of this Ford Performance Limited Warranty applies to the repairs.
That is the warranty for the Supercharger itself, not your engine/powertrain.

The bolded parts below are what is important...

Installation of these select Ford Performance warranted superchargers by an authorized installer will NOT void your New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Engine, driveline and suspension concerns not caused by an installed Ford Performance supercharger remain eligible for warranty coverage according to the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Ford Performance superchargers are aftermarket parts. The use of Ford Performance superchargers may impact the performance characteristics of other systems of the vehicle. Even when operating properly, Ford Performance superchargers, such as these, have the potential to adversely impact other systems of the vehicle. Engine, driveline and suspension concerns caused by an installed Ford Performance supercharger are not eligible for warranty coverage according to the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty or this Ford Performance Supercharger Limited Warranty.

And then further below all this is the information where you can purchase the optional powertrain warranty:

Optional Limited Powertrain Warranty: Optional powertrain warranty is available for purchase within thirty (30) days of the service order installation date identified on your installation receipt. Contact ROUSH Performance Customer Service at 800-597-6874 or [email protected].

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I stopped at LMS today to see the progress. They had the engine in and running a couple of days ago, but, according to my salesman, are spending a lot of time on the tune. They are going to road test it, etc. I am not really sure of the details, but they are definitely giving the car tlc. Here are the photos of the engine so far. The pulley is the smallest that Magnuson makes, I think. The CAI was fabricated. Getting air in to the engine is the limiting factor.
2015 Windstorm CAI.jpg
windstorm cai 2015 mustang gt.jpg

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
Man... I was holding back but I gotta say it. I feel really bad for you... the hassle and the amount of money you have spent on getting this far... to have that whole kit look like it was put together by random parts from a junk yard. Just looks awful. :(

JennyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Why did they make that thing and not give you the one in this picture?

I’d want the one in the green car? I wonder why they changed it?
CFB09E75-D3F5-455A-91EA-4C7D77037342.jpeg

Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
I think it looks fine just extremely dusty. I’m glad they’re going you the TLC. I like that they put in the CAi cover too