OP
OP
Mooch

Mooch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 Fusion / Mustang GT Premium on order
I personally thought the Shaker Pro in my 2016 was pretty good. The B&O Play in my Bullitt is definitely better. I'm not an audiophile, but the best way I can describe it is that the audio sounds more "detailed" if that makes sense. It felt like there was more distinction between instruments, vocals were clearer. The whole experience made the Shaker Pro seem a bit "muddy" by comparison. Also the bass definitely seems to be stronger and cleaner. Hope this helps.
Cool, thanks for the feedback
Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Just got my 19, fully loaded, B&O Play system. I can confirm that...
1.) No, I highly doubt this is the same system as the F150 with 2 extra speakers
2.) It does indeed sound much better than my neighbors F150 with the 10-speaker B&O system.
3.) It is VERY much improved via clarity and bass over the previous Shaker Pro Sony system, it is also seemingly/anecdotally much louder at the same volume number
4.) The sub looks a little different
5.) Center speaker in dash looks a little different

OP
OP
Mooch

Mooch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 Fusion / Mustang GT Premium on order
Just got my 19, fully loaded, B&O Play system. I can confirm that. It is VERY much improved via clarity and bass over the previous Shaker Pro Sony system, it is also seemingly/anecdotally much louder at the same volume number
Awesome!

rambunctious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A 50's hotrod, 2011 Diesel Superduty
anyone take pics of the amp, or get schematics online yet to determine hardware/installation differences to 15-18 models?

Ramb

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I wanted to upgrade my speakers to B&O for a long time now. Iā€™m glad Ford did it first but when I am really ready I will be doing it. My only issue is what specific speakers in their line I should get? Should I also get an amp which would allow me to hold on to the stock head unit as I donā€™t want to get rid of the steering wheel controls nor the voice activated stuff. I guess that would be the sync system right?

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I wanted to upgrade my speakers to B&O for a long time now. Iā€™m glad Ford did it first but when I am really ready I will be doing it. My only issue is what specific speakers in their line I should get? Should I also get an amp which would allow me to hold on to the stock head unit as I donā€™t want to get rid of the steering wheel controls nor the voice activated stuff. I guess that would be the sync system right?
Don't bother, they aren't going to be much better than what you already have. Reading this thread... https://www.f150forum.com/f30/2018-b-o-play-upgrade-part-one-410278/index2/
they are your standard paper cone filters with foam surrounds. If you wan't to upgrade, don't upgrade to budget OEM offerings.

That particular thread was from someone who wasn't satisfied with the B&O sounds, so he upgraded.

An interesting snippit...

"After a lot of testing and help from Custom Sounds we determined that the B&O system in these new Fords is just weird and not aftermarket-friendly. Another shop installer from up the road visited and had the same problems with the B&O in a Raptor. No harnesses so you have to splice everything. No way to bypass the stock amp or flatten the signals. The B&O slices & dices frequencies before it sends them (via digital link) to the stock amp meaning there's no one speaker channel - not even the rear doors! - which get full range. You need to use all the stock inputs - tweeter, front, rear, sub - in order to get full range that your new amp/DSP can then divide up on its own. It was super annoying figuring it out with the Audison, which places its own limits via presets on how you can wire the inputs (you can't just wire what you need and let it sum it all up, only certain combinations are supported)."

Hongtiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT California Special
I personally thought the Shaker Pro in my 2016 was pretty good. The B&O Play in my Bullitt is definitely better. I'm not an audiophile, but the best way I can describe it is that the audio sounds more "detailed" if that makes sense. It felt like there was more distinction between instruments, vocals were clearer. The whole experience made the Shaker Pro seem a bit "muddy" by comparison. Also the bass definitely seems to be stronger and cleaner. Hope this helps.
Same experience here. Had a 2015 Ecoboost with the Shaker. The B&O definitely sounds better. Its crisper and I feel the bass more compared to the Shaker.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
All this may be so, but I honestly don't think sound systems matter to Mustang GT/350/Bullitt owners all that much. It matters, and it's nice, but not all that important.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Don't bother, they aren't going to be much better than what you already have. Reading this thread... https://www.f150forum.com/f30/2018-b-o-play-upgrade-part-one-410278/index2/
they are your standard paper cone filters with foam surrounds. If you wan't to upgrade, don't upgrade to budget OEM offerings.

That particular thread was from someone who wasn't satisfied with the B&O sounds, so he upgraded.

An interesting snippit...

"After a lot of testing and help from Custom Sounds we determined that the B&O system in these new Fords is just weird and not aftermarket-friendly. Another shop installer from up the road visited and had the same problems with the B&O in a Raptor. No harnesses so you have to splice everything. No way to bypass the stock amp or flatten the signals. The B&O slices & dices frequencies before it sends them (via digital link) to the stock amp meaning there's no one speaker channel - not even the rear doors! - which get full range. You need to use all the stock inputs - tweeter, front, rear, sub - in order to get full range that your new amp/DSP can then divide up on its own. It was super annoying figuring it out with the Audison, which places its own limits via presets on how you can wire the inputs (you can't just wire what you need and let it sum it all up, only certain combinations are supported)."
So, tell me what speakers will give 5he best upgrade without going nuts with an amp or new head unit. Iā€™m not advers to an amp as well as a sub. I just want something which gives clarity and sound thatā€™s far more detailed.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
All this may be so, but I honestly don't think sound systems matter to Mustang GT/350/Bullitt owners all that much. It matters, and it's nice, but not all that important.
I typically like the upgraded audio systems...
When you want the windows up and go on a cruise solo or w/an ole lady you want something that sounds good...

now Iā€™m not talking Lexus surround sound immersive audio quality... but not low end junk either and I think the B&O answers that.

Sponsored

CrimsonTideGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson Mustang GT Manual, 1995 Toyota Supra TT
So, tell me what speakers will give 5he best upgrade without going nuts with an amp or new head unit. Iā€™m not advers to an amp as well as a sub. I just want something which gives clarity and sound thatā€™s far more detailed.
I would definitely look at either the higher end B&O systems or at Focal. Focal are amazing when it comes to sound quality. You'll probably be look at around the 2k USD mark or a bit under for a full setup of focal. You will not be disappointed though. Audiophiles should swear by them.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Audiophiles should swear by them.
Or by Morel, or by Gladen, or by Audison, or by Mille, or by Arc Audio, or by Audiofrog..... so many companies to choose from in the aftermarket.

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
I'd like to convert my Shaker (converted from 9 spkr last year) to B&O but the amplifier uses a totally different set of plugs. I thought someone made a conversion harness but I can't seem to find it.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Does anybody like the B&O the way it comes? I'm reluctant to cut the center speaker wire, since it apparently affects voice navigation feedback and other things. I don't think it's that horrible, but I don't doubt others saying it actually sounds better without it. I wanted to add a toggle switch to have the best of both worlds, but it's not as simple as I was hoping for, and don't want to do any more car dismantling since Ford plastics and fasteners are absolute crap. Might just leave it alone, but just wanted to hear if anybody finds it at least not objectionable :D.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Does anybody like the B&O the way it comes? I'm reluctant to cut the center speaker wire, since it apparently affects voice navigation feedback and other things. I don't think it's that horrible, but I don't doubt others saying it actually sounds better without it. I wanted to add a toggle switch to have the best of both worlds, but it's not as simple as I was hoping for, and don't want to do any more car dismantling since Ford plastics and fasteners are absolute crap. Might just leave it alone, but just wanted to hear if anybody finds it at least not objectionable :D.
If you are going to leave it alone, try putting your sound settings on "Driver" this helps.
Sponsored