Sponsored

2019 Bullitt Mustang Officially Revealed at NAIAS!

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
The Mach 1 was a distinct trim, the Bullitt was a package.
If you look them up in the system they come up as a GT, 4.6 v4.
Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yes 3 week turn around time is legit. You're in Pennsylvania too so you're hella close to flat rock.

When the 2018's started production October 2nd the ok to buy wasn't given until like the 23rd and literally the next day someone posted pictures of a 2018 lightning blue GTPP on a lot somewhere close to the plant.

Since the 2019's are starting production right after the 2018's end production I'm guessing there will be no ok to buy needed to be given to ship. These bad boys will probably go right onto a truck. I think SOP is what June
4th or 11th?
Since you've never ordered a car you might be in for a true hell experience. Try to find a dealer that sells a lot of Mustangs that way they have more allocations to order cars faster. I've gone through 12 stages of grief in this process.

My original order was put in on August 19th. Started production on November 20th, completed November 27th, delivered December 20th at the dealer in San Jose California.
Ok thanks, good to know that's actually possible then. SOP is the 11th according to the previously posted schedule. My deposit is with Lebanon Ford in Cincinnati Ohio so even closer, about 200 miles from the plant. When the 18s started arriving they were getting a truck load of them every day, and sell in high volume so I thought my chances of getting a very early one were better there than all the low volume dealers in Pittsburgh. I decided it would be worth the 4 hour trip for me to have the car ASAP and with a dealer that knows my channel and will treat me well.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Scroll down to the bottom here, it's in the fine print: https://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/#bullitt
That just means production has started, vin numbers assigned, and they are presuming transportation (shipping) will have started. Dealers can actually sell cars that are in transit before they arrive...

You guys are all assuming WAY TOO MUCH and way over thinking this....marketing and manufacturing talk but not instantly. Production (Job 1) starts in June thus marketing will just grab that date....

When the 2015 LE Mustang came out they all came with 'marketing' info in their gift pack for ordering custom lit sill plates...oppss...the 50th LE Mustang didn't come with lit sill plates and had no programming for lit sill plates.....big delay on the sale of those custom sill plates until they came up with a jerry rigged system of lighting the sill plates (but no changing colors).

And be real careful of citing VEBAL information stemming from Marketing and Press guys...most are NOT in the loop as to ALL information. They are given the info they need to present..... and that is it.

Last edited:

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
Lebanon Ford, good choice. They have 2 GT350's right now at MSRP. One in lead foot grey. I hope you get your car fast and we can recreate the Bullitt chase scene in SF. It'll take about 3 hours with an average speed of 2.2 MPH.
Agreed. I've used Lebanon Ford on my last two Mustangs. My sales guy moved on (which sucks) but I've been pretty happy with service and sales in general. Zombie arrived quickly -- short hop down 75. :) and Lebanon Ford called me the second the trailer pulled into the lot, and I left work immediately to get it, which gave me a brief moment of fame here on M6G. :lol:

Sponsored

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
A few photos I took today at the first Detroit NAIAS Industry Day.
Hey Dabko, maybe I have been affected by too many years of Guard Green, or does the new Green have a tinge of blue in it -- closer to forest green. How close is it to PY/PX?

It looks a bit different to me, but it could be the light/etc. It also might be that my eyes are affected by a bit of lust. :love:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
It looks a bit different to me, but it could be the light/etc. Might be my eyes are affected by a bit of lust. :love:
Carl Widman said in the American Muscle video that it's a new shade designed by PPG to create more 'pop'.

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
Carl Widman said in the American Muscle video that it's a new shade designed by PPG to create more 'pop'.
Ah, I missed that. Thanks. I was thinking my old '01 had more yellow in the green. It's definitely a rich green. I need to see one in person. :)

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Agreed. I've used Lebanon Ford on my last two Mustangs. My sales guy moved on (which sucks) but I've been pretty happy with service and sales in general. Zombie arrived quickly -- short hop down 75. :) and Lebanon Ford called me the second the trailer pulled into the lot, and I left work immediately to get it, which gave me a brief moment of fame here on M6G. :lol:
Wow thanks for all that info, that's really helpful! I just went back and looked at your original thread and your car arrived 8 days after it finished production! That's impressive! I hope my luck is that good! :eyebulge:

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Wow thanks for all that info, that's really helpful! I just went back and looked at your original thread and your car arrived 8 days after it finished production! That's impressive! I hope my luck is that good! :eyebulge:
Here is the question, would you rather get number 001, 050, or 558? :ford:

thedalejrfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT K3985
I would like to see Sean Kieran auction off the original at Barrett Jackson along with the first 2019, and give part of the proceeds to charity. I bet it would go for more than 300 grand. McQueen's Ferrari recently sold at auction for $6 mill, four times higher than normal value. I'm glad it was kept unrestored.
WHEN this car sells, it will be for MILLIONS of dollars...

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Here is the question, would you rather get number 001, 050, or 558? :ford:
I don't care about numbering really. 558 or 559 would be a cool nod to the movie cars but unlikely since I'm hoping to get an early car. 68 would be cool, 77 is my favorite number so that would be cool too. My old Legacy GT Spec B was #371/500 so it would be cool to have another 371 again.
Sponsored