Sponsored

Just after some advice

Stuart0202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey guys, on Saturday I reached the 2 year mark with the Mustang. Had it in for a service yesterday, still only at 2500 miles!

While in for the service, I asked could they put the US spec lower grille on.
Got the bill today and they are claiming it took 4 hours to put the grille on.

Just wanted to check what you guys thought, I honestly don't believe it could take 4 hours.
Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
It takes 4 hours if they had lunch and a nap.
Well this video with cutting for a Roush lower grill said it takes about an hour, so maybe 2 at most.

[ame]

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thats insane mate, even if you don’t know what you’re doing, 2 hours is even a stretch.

Ford techs should be able to knock that kind of job out in an hour.

Robbing b*$tards

OP
OP
Stuart0202

Stuart0202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Had a feeling this was the case. Gonna get some quotes from other Ford garages for the work and go back to them

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
having done a lower grille a few times, it's maybe an hour and a half at best, and that's if it's your first time removing the bumper. Ford being ford, if you break 1 hour they'll charge you for 2, so as James says, 2hours is probably a lot more understanding of a time period.

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Took me about 1 hour 30 mins to do mine on my driveway and I'm not a mechanic and don't have Ford training or a workshop full of professional tools and access to all the workshop manuals... so 4 hours is defo a bit off!

wuzie123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
sounds like they are hitting you hard for not wanting to do the job... if they did it right and no damage then just mark it up as a learning lesson i guess? but I would see if you can get the price knocked down all the same.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
slightly off topic but may somehow give some understanding to this, I went hunting for places to paint my rear diffuser (gt350) one yesterday. I went to three places i've used quite extensivley over the last few years (not just for mustang stuff).

First place quoted me £250 (More than they quote to do a whole set of black plastics!)
Second place quoted me £120
Third place (Who i'd usually use but it stupid busy all the time) quoted me £40.

Literally a £210 swing! :O

OP
OP
Stuart0202

Stuart0202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
slightly off topic but may somehow give some understanding to this, I went hunting for places to paint my rear diffuser (gt350) one yesterday. I went to three places i've used quite extensivley over the last few years (not just for mustang stuff).

First place quoted me £250 (More than they quote to do a whole set of black plastics!)
Third place (Who i'd usually use but it stupid busy all the time) quoted me £40.

Thats crazy how there's so much difference!
I just assumed, being a Ford dealer, that they'd be able to do the job no bother.

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Not like you to go off topic mate ;)

That's mad. I know it's not feasible for everyone, but the only people I would trust working on mine is Modurstang & GT101. Part of me wishes I would have bypassed Ford for my warranty issue & just taken it to one of them :lol:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Thats crazy how there's so much difference!
I just assumed, being a Ford dealer, that they'd be able to do the job no bother.
To be honest with you, if you have the time and patience to learn, most stuff on this car isn't that hard to do. Ironic coming from me who's done everything on mine (well most) myself, but really before the 'stang i had 0 mechanical experience, so it's doable and plenty of informative videos. :thumbsup:.

Ford charge by the hour once it's started, not ended.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
You really must research the install, and this one seems to be one you could do yourself. I know about "busy shops", the one I want for my work is swamped by FedEx & Sheriff's dept. cars,dang! I had Ford do my BMR CB006 4pt. brace and the factory "nibs" kept the tech busy for 3 hrs. Never again will I use the dealer.

OP
OP
Stuart0202

Stuart0202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Funnily enough ai've actually done every mod on the Mustang myself so far, but for some reason, the thought of taking the bumper off and messing something up stopped me