Sponsored

'18 Rear Deck Panel - the same as the '15 - '17?

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Does anyone knows if the MP Concepts Gloss Black Replacement Decklid Panel is a replica of the Ford racing OEM deck-lit that was available for the 15-17? Or is the shape a bit different? Thx
Sponsored

DeadLoad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Does anyone knows if the MP Concepts Gloss Black Replacement Decklid Panel is a replica of the Ford racing OEM deck-lit that was available for the 15-17? Or is the shape a bit different? Thx
It looks the same. Just a blank decklid. I received the mp concepts one a few weeks ago and sent it back.You can put surface scratches in the gloss just by rubbing your finger on it. Swirl city after a few washes

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
It looks the same. Just a blank decklid. I received the mp concepts one a few weeks ago and sent it back.You can put surface scratches in the gloss just by rubbing your finger on it. Swirl city after a few washes
So just like the stock one in my experience!

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
Ordered one this weekend along with a track pack spoiler.
I'm thinking of having them both clear-wrapped to prevent scratches like on all other Ford black trim.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Thanks!

I just watched some install video's and I think I'm gonna skip the MP concepts one.

So just like the stock one in my experience!
If they are the same sensitivity I'm alright with it, if worse Ill have to go with the 18 version that I'm not very fond off for a 15.

Ordered one this weekend along with a track pack spoiler.
I'm thinking of having them both clear-wrapped to prevent scratches like on all other Ford black trim.
Good idea for the wrap, you mean something like a 3M or Expell?

Maybe someone know if this Ford performance logo is glued or 3M'd on it or does it have holes & tabs? Thx
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
There's at least one guy in the UK already who's ordered an 18 decklid and had it shipped over and fitted to his 15 so must be just a straight swap

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
the MP Concepts panel is of decent quality, Ive washed my car several times with the MP panel and it isnt showing any abnormal amount of swirling, only other viable option if you dont want the ugly 18+ panel with the lines, is to get a body shop to fill the holes on your stock panel and paint it black

Last edited:

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Went to the site. Can’t get past the home page . Says it’s under construction.
If you are not in a hurry give them some time or better yet contact them directly. I'm in the same boat I just took delivery yesterday. I want to do all kinds of things to my car. I'm waiting for Roush to release their new CAI for the car. I know there are some already out there but the Roush unit looks the best and can be used either way.

I have already installed BMR Jacking Rails, JLT Oil Separator, Red Line Hood Struts and Steeda Clutch Spring.

MrTej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP MT
I have already installed BMR Jacking Rails, JLT Oil Separator, Red Line Hood Struts and Steeda Clutch Spring.
Did you use the '15-'17 Redline hood struts on the '18? I've been wanting to get hood struts for my '18 GT and I've been hesitant to order any because either product descriptions don't list '18 in their fitment list, or companies that I contact cannot confirm that they fit. I had Redlines on my '15 S550 and would have kept them if I knew they would fit. Figured with the hood looking different, they wouldn't fit.

Along the same note, does anyone know if the rear deck is the same on the '18 as the 15-17's? I want to order the Roush spoiler but they cannot confirm that it fits on the 2018's. Thanks!

Sponsored

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
Did you use the '15-'17 Redline hood struts on the '18? I've been wanting to get hood struts for my '18 GT and I've been hesitant to order any because either product descriptions don't list '18 in their fitment list, or companies that I contact cannot confirm that they fit. I had Redlines on my '15 S550 and would have kept them if I knew they would fit. Figured with the hood looking different, they wouldn't fit.

Along the same note, does anyone know if the rear deck is the same on the '18 as the 15-17's? I want to order the Roush spoiler but they cannot confirm that it fits on the 2018's. Thanks!
Yes! The Hood Struts fit like a glove. I was not sure they would fit the 2018. Mine are from my 2015 GT and are Red Line. I just cleaned them up and wiped the shafts down with a light coat of silicone. I believe because the hood seems a little larger and a tad heavier the hood does not snap up to full engagement as quickly as the 2015 but they hold firmly and close completely. I'm very careful as far as installs go so I preceded slowly and made sure everything fit and cleared. It's great not having to buy new stuff and being able to use what you already have.

OP
OP
hawkbox

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
I will snap some of the original FR flat panel on my 18 today also...

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
Thanks!

I just watched some install video's and I think I'm gonna skip the MP concepts one.

If they are the same sensitivity I'm alright with it, if worse Ill have to go with the 18 version that I'm not very fond off for a 15.

Good idea for the wrap, you mean something like a 3M or Expell?

Maybe someone know if this Ford performance logo is glued or 3M'd on it or does it have holes & tabs? Thx
These emblems are double sided tape. No holes to drill just careful placement.
Sponsored