Sponsored

Don't click this if you're OCD - Warned.

BrandonB

Tinted Window Licker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Oxford 301A
Vehicle Showcase
A couple months ago [MENTION=27078]Paul@PKAUTODESIGN[/MENTION] spent a whole day educating me through PM's about wheel and tire fitment for the S550's (which I believe was a Sunday too). After the two weeks following, I could NOT figure out which direction I wanted to go. So.. I chose to pick up a cheap, middle of the road diameter/width set just to get on the car until I got my suspension setup squared away and could figure out a nicer set from there. I cannot speak highly enough of Paul, awesome dude, extremely helpful. :thumbsup:

For $1200 and some change to my door I got wheels, tires and TPMS mounted and balanced from LMR. Threw them in the garage, until last night. My car is to be delivered this week so I decided to pull them out and ceramic coat them due to the snow and salt us East Coasters are dealing with.

AFTER completely ceramic coating everything, I noticed this.
Hint -- See the lip at the very top??

IMG_1005.jpg

WHAT IS THAT!!! :doh:

The rest of the wheels aren't like that. Almost looks like it was taken off the CNC too early. I realize it is not LMR's fault. I realize that I have probably ruined my chances of a correction or replacement by ceramic coating it. I guess I'll still give them a call though. But DANG!..

I was hoping someone else would get a kick out of it, definitely check your SVE wheels if you've ordered any recently though.

IMG_1002.jpg
Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Thanks for the kind words brotha.

Looks to be a mold defect of some sort where the edge of that mold is wider and flatter, but does not look to be a structural concern.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
contact LMR, theyll make it right........

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Ziad@LMR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ziad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey, bud this is Ziad from LMR.com. First of all, I am extremely sorry for this. I have no explanation for this issue but I can 100% assure you that we will make it right. Do you mind shooting me an email to [email protected] with your order number and I will have an immediate solution for you within hours? I also want to thank you for being very patient even though this is very frustrating in my opinion.

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
1 in a million... LOL

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully, next time you spend the money with Paul, instead of buying from someone who didn't waste their Sunday with you.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully, next time you spend the money with Paul, instead of buying from someone who didn't waste their Sunday with you.

I am not speaking for Paul, but his advice and knowledge is something that he likes to give. He is a great guy, and if he gets a sell he gets a sell. I really wanted to go through Paul, but my budget limited me to LMR GT7 wheels. Sometimes things don't work out. People and businesses like this are invaluable.

Jeff

OP
OP

BrandonB

Tinted Window Licker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Oxford 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Well, this was supposed to be a humorous / OCD cringe thread..:shrug:

Paul knows I plan to have multiple sets of wheels. The ultra cheap, winter beater, track duty type is not a product he focuses on. Even though he CAN get you a set to perform the job, I don’t have $2400 I’d like to pour salt and molten rubber on.

With that being said, yeah, I kinda used the thread to publicly praise his patience and customer service - the reason I’ll be going through him for my real set of wheels. He seemed to appreciate it above. Shoot he even gave a polite, non-biased opinion on what happened to these.. that’s a stand up guy.

Hey, bud this is Ziad from LMR.com. First of all, I am extremely sorry for this. I have no explanation for this issue but I can 100% assure you that we will make it right. Do you mind shooting me an email to [email protected] with your order number and I will have an immediate solution for you within hours? I also want to thank you for being very patient even though this is very frustrating in my opinion.
Just incase it wasn’t clear in the original post, I am NOT flaming or taking a shot at LMR or the SVE product in anyway. That little tiny flaw was impossible to notice on a matte black wheel. I didn’t even notice it until I was buffing the CC.

[MENTION=30837]Ziad@LMR[/MENTION].com - the fact that you guys are willing to work on it even after I coated them and have had them for a month should say something about your customer service, you guys are freakin’ awesome. I hope people see this.

I’ll email you this evening. Thank you!!

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got it originally, but there is always people who will get butt hurt because you bought brand B over brand A.

Well, this was supposed to be a humorous / OCD cringe thread..:shrug:

Paul knows I plan to have multiple sets of wheels. The ultra cheap, winter beater, track duty type is not a product he focuses on. Even though he CAN get you a set to perform the job, I don’t have $2400 I’d like to pour salt and molten rubber on.

With that being said, yeah, I kinda used the thread to publicly praise his patience and customer service - the reason I’ll be going through him for my real set of wheels. He seemed to appreciate it above.

Just incase it wasn’t clear in the original post, I am NOT flaming or taking a shot at LMR or the SVE product in anyway. That little tiny flaw was impossible to notice on a matte black wheel. I didn’t even notice it until I was buffing the CC.

[MENTION=30837]Ziad@LMR[/MENTION].com - the fact that you guys are willing to work on it even after I coated them and have had them for a month should say something about your customer service, you guys are freakin’ awesome. I’ll email you this evening. Thank you.

Sponsored

Ziad@LMR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ziad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
We are car people just like you! We know how much these cars mean to us and for that, we are willing to get this taken care of for you! I am looking forward to helping you out.

OP
OP

BrandonB

Tinted Window Licker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Oxford 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Ziad and Jason at LMR already have a new wheel/tire on the way to me - before I even had the chance to contact them first.

LMR’s customer service is absolutely outstanding. Definitely was not expecting LMR to replace this for me but pleasantly surprised, thanks guys!

Ziad@LMR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ziad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
No, Thank you, Brandon, for being very calm and patient with us. You have my information if you ever need to contact us again.

dvs73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP/GT
Vehicle Showcase
LMR is and has always been a top notch company. kuddos to LMR for making good on this mishap.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Great response from LMR, good to see vendors pop in here and always do whats right.

But yeah that would drive me nuts lol. Will it balance normal like that?
Sponsored