OP
OP
csmaan12

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
I am having the same exact problem, and for the life of me can't figure it out. Only when it's wet I've noticed it and only noticed the normal torsen pops on turning in dry conditions. Hopefully you figure it out soon man. I'm dying for an answer because it's very concerning for some reason.
Well I’m at 31k miles and no call back from dealer after they asked me to send a video of the noise. Will be gong to a different dealer when it rains next. I have suspicion it’s something part of the IRS. Just can’t pinpoint what. Going to take a spray bottle and get stuff wet down there until noise happens.
Sponsored

Jarred55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP premium
Well I’m at 31k miles and no call back from dealer after they asked me to send a video of the noise. Will be gong to a different dealer when it rains next. I have suspicion it’s something part of the IRS. Just can’t pinpoint what. Going to take a spray bottle and get stuff wet down there until noise happens.
Hopefully they help you or get back to you soon! My local Ford dealer isn't exactly the best here so I would have to drive an hour for a decent check on my car. I have the same suspicions, I just hope it's not my dif in any way. Does it go away when it's not wet shortly after? it rained earlier and this is the first time I've noticed it and I was at work for a couple hours, got off and still popping with half the water on the road dried. Hopefully it goes away in a few days when everything is completely dry because it's just so concerning every time I hear it haha.

OP
OP
csmaan12

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
Hopefully they help you or get back to you soon! My local Ford dealer isn't exactly the best here so I would have to drive an hour for a decent check on my car. I have the same suspicions, I just hope it's not my dif in any way. Does it go away when it's not wet shortly after? it rained earlier and this is the first time I've noticed it and I was at work for a couple hours, got off and still popping with half the water on the road dried. Hopefully it goes away in a few days when everything is completely dry because it's just so concerning every time I hear it haha.
It definitely goes away after the underside gets dry. Usually after I wash the car it’ll pop a little bit then it goes away. After rain though it usually takes a day or so if it’s cold out since the water isn’t evaporating as quickly. I’ve heard diff creaking before, and it doesn’t sound like a diff issue. If the dealer doesn’t call me any time soon I’m going to start replacing IRS parts since my warranty will be up soon anyway. (lifetime power train though)
Sponsored