Aubrey

GT4949
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Planning the next one!
Vehicle Showcase
G'day
There are so many wheel/rim choices, but I have this aversion to seeing the same wheels on another brand of car...I’d like something that is authentically Mustang!

I have 2017 PP black wheels, which are a good design, but they are dime a dozen here.

Any suggestions for a quintessentially Mustang wheel?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Even back in the 60's the classic wheels like Torque Thrusts and Magnum 500 wheels were so similar across brands I don't think there is a particular wheel you can call a Mustang wheel, especially the current generation other than OEM.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The Bullitt/torque thrust/cragar SS style is on a lot of Mustangs, but you will see it on a ton of other vehicles as well. I think they look good, but not unique to Mustangs. They have been around a long time, though. So one could say they are classic.

Arguably the coolest wheel design (albeit modern and not classic) that I believe originated from Mustangs is the GT500 style that is similar to the current PP2 wheel. But nowadays any cool wheel design gets copied like crazy. I saw a copy of that style on a minivan the other day. Seriously. And it was OE for that van.

Another design I like that I think is somewhat unique and makes me think of a Mustang is the '69 GT wheels with the dog dish style covers. Those would be a one off in modern sizes, though. I think the guy that built the custom Mach 40 used a custom copy of them, but I'm not aware of anyone producing them at a reasonable price.

My opinion is just go with what you really like. It's going to be hard to find something really unique that is also really good looking. When there's a good looking wheel out there, lots of people buy it.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
G'day
There are so many wheel/rim choices, but I have this aversion to seeing the same wheels on another brand of car...I’d like something that is authentically Mustang!

I have 2017 PP black wheels, which are a good design, but they are dime a dozen here.

Any suggestions for a quintessentially Mustang wheel?

Thanks!
Yes, back in the day the classic muscle car wheel would be as likely to be seen on s Camaro or Cuda as a Mustang. Same as something like the Forgestar F14 today.

One difference is factory replica wheels that had no equivalent back in the day, that are ligher and maybe wider than stock. You probably won't see a GT350 or 350R replica wheel on a Camaro. BUT, they are essentially 10 spoke or 7 spoke wheels, and there are somewhat similar looking aftermarket non-replica wheels.thatnyou might see on other brands.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Ford Performance sells wheels that aren't stock if you have a severe adversion to stock wheels. Guaranteed you won't see them on a Challenger or Camaro :thumbsup:

Sponsored

bless0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ingot Silver GT/PP/AE/MR Recaros
I have these Roush Wheels. Roush is authentic to Mustang and Fords in general
IMG_3021.jpg
stang3.jpg

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
^ that is DEFINITELY not a classic or authentic mustang wheel. that's a new school thing these young buckeroos are doing.

you ever heard of the movie bullitt? u may have noticed there is a new mustang model called the bullitt? check out that wheel. that is authentic mustang if that is what you're after. look for an aftermarket "bullitt" wheel and you'll be the most authentic mustang rolling around although the stanced eco-boost and GT owners with their white, pink, green and bright blue multi spoke wheels will never know it.

Sponsored

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PS in looking at your car in your avitar, a staggered deep dish rear in black with a polished lip would look fantastic on your car. or, if you want to be really old school, all chrome

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Great, get a Bullitt wheel and look like all the other Bullit cars...

Besides, those types of wheels should remain on old classics, they look terrible on the S550

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
obviously you didn't read what he asked.....

"What’s an authentic Mustang wheel?"

"Any suggestions for a quintessentially Mustang wheel?"

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 wheels look terrible on an S550. everybody has those and PP wheels. ever heard of an opinion?

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Just because the design stems from a movie with a Mustang in it doesn't make the wheel any more unique to the Mustang. I can go to a car show and see that design on 50% of the old classics, Ford, Holden, GM, whatever. There's even a 5th gen Camaro near me that has a set.

Obviously you didn't read what I wrote. We don't get the PP2 here (which is why I chose it - it is on a Mustang), so it will be a relatively unique design here. We do get Bullitt, so he's going to look like all the other Bullitts if he goes with that type of wheel.

I have heard of an opinion, you gave yours so why can't I? Have you heard of rebuttal?
Sponsored