Sponsored

radiator fin bent? Anyone else see this?

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
Hi,
I only have 1500 Miles on my car I dont drive too closely. However I drove through some rural area today and there were lots of bugs. I am noticing bugs in the radiator ut is it normal for some of them to actually be hard enough to bend the fins inside the grille on the radiator? Im certain it wasnt rocks that did this to the radiator? Anyone else notice this? Is this common to have this sort of damage on a new car?
Sponsored

BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base
Don’t worry its all good

mc68386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Hi,
I only have 1500 Miles on my car I dont drive too closely. However I drove through some rural area today and there were lots of bugs. I am noticing bugs in the radiator ut is it normal for some of them to actually be hard enough to bend the fins inside the grille on the radiator? Im certain it wasnt rocks that did this to the radiator? Anyone else notice this? Is this common to have this sort of damage on a new car?
First car then? :D Been there. Don't worry about it. You're more likely to do real damage trying to remove the bugs.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
...Im certain it wasnt rocks that did this to the radiator....
I'd be pretty certain it was. It's normal.

If you're concerned, I think there's kits for a mesh insert for the lower grille area.

Sponsored

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
The mesh probably does more harm than good. While art doesn't look like a screen like that would block much air, if you do the math, it's a large percent.

Triton54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A-10 (mine) 17 GT pp, 6spd (wifes)
I have a "screen door style" screen In front of ALL my vehicles, and after thousands of miles, and years, ALL the radiators are >clean< and NO over heating, with many track days on some of the cars..... no bugs, no sand!
Sponsored