Sponsored

2019 Base Radio

Bonillan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I didn't buy a new 2018 solely because of how poverty spec the base interior was. I was coming from a V6 Camaro and was of course shopping both the GT and SS. The base SS was miles ahead of the base GT with standard 8" display, semi-digital dash, stock brembos, and included rev-matching manual. The MSRP is higher in the SS but in reality volume dealer to volume dealer the price becomes much closer especially for what you get.

Luckily for me the Ford dealer had a very low mile '15 GT Premium which was better on the wallet than either.
Sponsored

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Ecoboost Manual Performance Pack
I had a 2017 Ecoboost PP manual with the base stereo for a year and approx 20 some odd thousand miles. I traded for an 18 and of course took a hit just because I hated that ugly stereo so much (there were other reasons and improvements in the 18 that I liked as well of course, but the stereo irritated me daily every time I got into my car)

So my 2018 Ecoboost came with two packages - PP and 101a (you don't have to get the premium to upgrade the infotainment system guys that goes for both EB and GT). Now I am loving my Android Auto and Waze on my huge touchscreen :-)

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Ecoboost Manual Performance Pack
Couldn't imaging Ford making the 19s worse, as a matter of fact while clicking on the link I thought that finally they improved that p.o.s. But no they fucked it up more than it already was.

On an off note -that same infotainment system went into GT350s - can you believe that???? Why in the world would you put such an ugly POS into your top of the line mustang? Seriously? If they make that thing available on the GT500s that will be out shortly - I am going to cry

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
Looks like there might be a market for new β€˜19 owners who would want to upgrade their new base cars with a 2015-2018 4” Sync bezel and a CD player equipped ACM.

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
Sweet Hertz rental lol

Sponsored

Jungles82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt base pp
Not sure if it's the same for the mustang's but the 18 f150 doesnt need the wiring harness adapter to switch to the 8" cluster its plug and play. My 17 mustang did need a harness but I cant vouch for the 18 mustangs

The Dark D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
I’m surprised no one has noticed that they changed the interface. Would like to see more pictures of the base radio UI. Though yes the actual hardware took an even bigger dump that the 15-17

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
I’m surprised no one has noticed that they changed the interface. Would like to see more pictures of the base radio UI. Though yes the actual hardware took an even bigger dump that the 15-17
It looks like they made it more like the appearance of Sync 3 with the β€œice blue” theme. I assume since the hot key buttons that used to be below the screen are gone, the menus are extremely simplified or else everything will have to be done through an actual touchscreen (if that hardware was changed).
Sponsored

Last edited: