Sponsored

Broken Valve/ Motor Blown

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Basically, in the dealer sitting idle for more than 30 days constitutes a buyback(according to Indiana lemon law. I chose to go through ford and honestly should have filed with the BBB.
I went through BBB, but once Ford agreed to the buyback, my BBB case manager closed the claim and said the "process" works better without them (BBB) in the loop. So I think they are helpful during the investigative/mediation process. After that its back to dealing directly with Ford. :frusty:
Sponsored

OP
OP

17LightningGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Isn't there some higher up manager at Ford that can get involved and make this shit happen right? Nothing worse than a broken, complicated process.

Idk. Ive called and left messages for the manager of the RAV department with no calls back.

Sounds like you got a mustang in the corral and one in the pasture.....j/k ..what a mess..Hang in there and just keep the ordeal fresh on their minds
No kidding! If im going to pay for the old car(a months payment) then they should give it back to me for a month. I can teach my wife to drive stick on that, and beat the living piss out of it for a month haha

Yikes what a rollercoaster.
No lies there.

I went through BBB, but once Ford agreed to the buyback, my BBB case manager closed the claim and said the "process" works better without them (BBB) in the loop. So I think they are helpful during the investigative/mediation process. After that its back to dealing directly with Ford. :frusty:
Thats ridiculous. I would have thought that the BBB would have had more of a say in the process

Grinder67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
“All these manufacturers are putting out high horsepower cars for entry level money, but it comes at a significant cost in quality and durability“.

So, so true. Never again. No regrets trading my 17 GT.

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
What you need to do is get a lawyer. Tell them you will continue making payments. And you’ll see them in court.

OP
OP

17LightningGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Well, here is the latest update.... pretty much caught Ford in a lie... again...

Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Sounds like Ford corporate had a bad employee that lost shit and hated their job and you got screwed.
Could be some employee whose spouse was a drunk and beat them alot.
Be compassionate.
Just help Ford deal with it and get the process back on track.

Last edited:

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Sounds like Ford corporate had a bad employee that lost shit and hated their job and you got screwed.
Could be some employee whose spouse was a drunk and beat them alot.
Be compassionate.
Just help Ford deal with it and get the process back on track.
I'm having the same problem on my buyback. Received refund check but no loan payoff. My RAV case manager Kristen does not reply to phone or email. I spoke to another case manager Rahnay who walked over to the title dept manager Nadine to get them to release payment. She said they have released payment and will get me a tracking number. I haven't received that so looks like another call this morning. Ugh.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm having the same problem on my buyback. Received refund check but no loan payoff. My RAV case manager Kristen does not reply to phone or email. I spoke to another case manager Rahnay who walked over to the title dept manager Nadine to get them to release payment. She said they have released payment and will get me a tracking number. I haven't received that so looks like another call this morning. Ugh.
Did you finance through Ford?

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie

Sponsored

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Well, here is the latest update.... pretty much caught Ford in a lie... again...
I was finally able to get a tracking number for my loan payoff check. If you can, ask for Rahnay. She was very helpful and walked over to the title department to speak to the manager there.

OP
OP

17LightningGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-

Ford FINALLY got the loan on my old 2017 taken care of. Only a few days past the due date, and I didn’t suffer any fees or hit to my credit thankfully.

Now here’s hoping the mt82-d4 holds up.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Just watched your videos on the RAV drama and came here.

So with the car swap if they gave you MSRP for your old car does that mean they paid off the old loan and sent the difference to you in a check to use as like a down payment on the new car?

If you had chosen to just have them buy back you would have had pay a certain amount per mile you had driven the car? I guess you'd have to figure that out to see if it's enough to get your car paid off.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just watched your videos on the RAV drama and came here.

So with the car swap if they gave you MSRP for your old car does that mean they paid off the old loan and sent the difference to you in a check to use as like a down payment on the new car?

If you had chosen to just have them buy back you would have had pay a certain amount per mile you had driven the car? I guess you'd have to figure that out to see if it's enough to get your car paid off.
Lemon Law/Buy Back is different in every State due to State Laws. Ford only adheres to the State Law, they don’t deviate from it at all. They also have no control over fees, taxes or usage penalties.

In some States, the Lemon/Buy Back Laws are better than others. You really need to research your home State Laws regarding the Lemon/Buy Back process.

Yes, there is a “Ford” process to follow from RAV, which is standard regardless of home State, but when it comes down to any out of pocket costs for fees, taxes or useage penalty, not all States have same guidelines.

The Ford Buy Back for VEHICLE REPLACEMENT is strictly MSRP to MSRP; it does not matter how much money one put down or what type of great deal they may have had when initially buying the car. If your MSRP was $35k, you’re allotted replacement value of $35k. If the new MSRP is $38k, you’re responsible for putting out of pocket $3k, plus any fees, taxes or usage penalties.

So say original MSRP was $35k, customer finds new replacement that is exactly $35k MSRP. Suppose customer had $15k left of financing on the original loan, then essentially, they’re getting a replacement vehicle for $15k. Some lending institutions will just create new loan paperwork and insert new VIN - while others will require a refinance... so if you had $15k left, you would have to refi $15k so they could write the new loan.

So let’s say you had $15k left on original loan and due to your Home State Lemon/Buy Back Laws, you’re socked with taxes, fees and usage penalty for a total of $2k, then that would either be paid in cash by you OR rolled into the new loan. So you would be financing $17k....

See how it works?

It sounds complicated and some folks get hung up on “but I got a great deal when I first bought the car”, or “I’m not financing $35k all over again”...

IF the MSRP of the replacement vehicle is LESS than your original MSRP, I was told that Ford might refund a difference up to $2k, but no more AND it would be at the discretion of Ford RAV. There’s NO guarantee they would refund ANYTHING, because their goal is to 1) get you a replacement vehicle equal to your original MSRP and 2) get you into a replacement to make you whole.

The RAV process IS frustrating, stressful and can REALLY try your patience... it is supposed to be quick, but can be dragged out for weeks or months, depending on your case scenario, how you paid for the original car (cash or financed), IF you can find the replacement on any Ford Dealer lot in the US, MSRP value, if existing vehicle is at a Ford Shop inoperable, and if financed how your lending institution can or will deal with statisfying the original note.

The Buy Back of my prior 2016 was initiated in Sept. 2017 and was not completed until we took delivery of my 2018 in Feb 2018...

NOTE:
1) Ford will NOT allow release of any replacement vehicle until the original vehicle note has been satisfied between the Dealership and Lending Institution.

2) If the original collateral has ANY damages that fall outside of RAV’s allowable parameters, you will be responsible for paying for those damages at the time of signing docs for vehicle replacement. Your collateral WILL BE thoroughly inspected by the Dealership prior to signing any documents.

3) Replacement has to be a NEW vehicle from a Ford Dealer.

4) Replacement can be ANY Ford product equal to your original MSRP, does not have to be another Mustang.

5) Ford Incentives, Discounts, A-X Plans, Customer Cash, Dealer Discounts, rebates, etc. DO NOT APPLY at all. MSRP to MSRP.

6) If original collateral has mods or upgrades, you will either have to remove and replace with stock components, OR you forfeit the mods, OR Ford RAV will reimburse within reason; customer must supply receipts or docs proving mods and fair value for reimbursement.

7) Ford RAV will not reimburse labor costs IF you need Ford Dealership to R&R mods from original collateral or move those mods to replacement vehicle.

There are a few threads in here with LOTS of detailed Buy Back, Lemon Law and Refund information. I suggest to ANYONE thinking of Lemon’ing their S550 to really read through the threads before making any decisions.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
See how it works?
Makes sense.

NOTE:
1) Ford will NOT allow release of any replacement vehicle until the original vehicle note has been satisfied between the Dealership and Lending Institution.
That doesn't sound like what happened with the thread starter.

I'm not too worried about it right now since I'm still driving my 2013 Laguna Seca. I'm just a curious person. Feel bad for all that have had to go through this ordeal but glad in the end they seem to be getting taken care of.
Sponsored