Sponsored

Herbie the Love 'Stang

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Volkswagen Beetle, 2018 Mustang GT
Not quite finished, but almost. I went with the $100 eBay 3M ControlTac vinyl do-it-yourself option, vs my original idea for custom paint stripes that would have cost thousands. Don't hate...to each his own.
Herbie Mustang - 1.jpg
Herbie Mustang - 2.jpg
Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Ballsy for sure....but it works! Looks ok to me! Never apologize for your likes or dislikes! Your vision, your efforts......your money! Good for you! :cheers:

MetalCord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Not quite finished, but almost. I went with the $100 eBay 3M ControlTac vinyl do-it-yourself option, vs my original idea for custom paint stripes that would have cost thousands. Don't hate...to each his own.

I'll hate whatever I want!!! But this... I don't hate this. This is kind of cool. Regardless, I'm not making payments on it and this mod does not affect anyone else so I have no say in the matter. You gotta love what you drive and you're obviously doing that. Bravo. Haters be damned.

:headbang:

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
It makes me laugh, in a good way. Nice job, man.

Sponsored

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
At least it's just a V8.. lol

Great Job! It looks fantastic.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I dig it.

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
Love it. More pics of the rear trim panel and badge? :D

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I love it! I think it’s great that you had a vision and stuck to it. Take more pics when you can.. I’d also like to see the reaction of people when they see it. Bravo!!!

Sponsored

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
I like the way it came out! Very clean but personality and a tribute to simpler times when we all just enjoyed the ride a little more! Personalization is what makes this car unique!

OP
OP
foqus

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love it. More pics of the rear trim panel and badge? :D
More pics coming after I re-apply the trunk stripes and run them down over the bumper. Thanks for all the kind comments.

~Marco
Herbie Mustang  - 1 (1).jpg

OP
OP
foqus

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good day,

I trimmed the stripes so that they would only be under the black circle of the 53 "gumball".

I had been warned that if you place the stripes down and then cover them with the gumball, that you then may be able to see the blue and red of the stripes under the gumball.

The place that I bought them from (custom sizes, of course...http://www.quicksilverdesign.ca...facebook, website and eBay, but best just to call) uses "3M ControlTac vinyl - THE BEST in the industry Solvent Printed on 2.5 mil vinyl. Laminated with 3M 2 mil. clear laminate for added abrasion resistance. Lamination also contains U.V inhibitors to prevent fading from sunlight. Custom orders available. These are exact replicas of the decals on the original Love Bugs. These are printed, 1 piece, decals, NOT layered cut vinyl. These are not cheap imitation, layered vinyl kits, using inferior vinyl."

I didn't do a test, but I believe that this vinyl is thick enough that the red and blue would not show through. I highly recommend ControlTac (google...it doesn't stick very hard until you press it with a squeegee...no Windex or anything like that...cooler weather better), and just watch a few videos on how to apply it by taking of the back cover piece, smoothing the front cover piece, and finally removing the front cover piece.

~Marco

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Good day,

I trimmed the stripes so that they would only be under the black circle of the 53 "gumball".

I had been warned that if you place the stripes down and then cover them with the gumball, that you then may be able to see the blue and red of the stripes under the gumball.

The place that I bought them from (custom sizes, of course...http://www.quicksilverdesign.ca...facebook, website and eBay, but best just to call) uses "3M ControlTac vinyl - THE BEST in the industry Solvent Printed on 2.5 mil vinyl. Laminated with 3M 2 mil. clear laminate for added abrasion resistance. Lamination also contains U.V inhibitors to prevent fading from sunlight. Custom orders available. These are exact replicas of the decals on the original Love Bugs. These are printed, 1 piece, decals, NOT layered cut vinyl. These are not cheap imitation, layered vinyl kits, using inferior vinyl."

I didn't do a test, but I believe that this vinyl is thick enough that the red and blue would not show through. I highly recommend ControlTac (google...it doesn't stick very hard until you press it with a squeegee...no Windex or anything like that...cooler weather better), and just watch a few videos on how to apply it by taking of the back cover piece, smoothing the front cover piece, and finally removing the front cover piece.

~Marco
Great intel, thanks :fistbump:
Sponsored