Sponsored

Tech Style Spoiler On Tech Package

bisonboy02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I have a 2016 with the Tech package.
I’d like to install a spoiler like the Track package has.
Are most people going with the Ford spoiler or aftermarket?
I like the lidea of the OEM Ford Track spoiler since it does t need to be painted.
Are there any aftermarket o es comparable to the Ford for fit and finish?
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Look around the classified section here. I see them for sale quite a bit. People upgrading to R type spoiler, er, uh, actually its a wing.

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I swapped on the Track Pack on my 16 tech. AutoNation Bear Lake used to have the best prices, probably still do.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport

Sponsored

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I swapped on the Track Pack on my 16 tech. AutoNation Bear Lake used to have the best prices, probably still do.
Did the same thing, AutoNation Bear Lake, great people best price,

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Tech spoiler is useless. The track spoiler actually does something. Go for it!

OP
OP

bisonboy02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Thanks guys, I ordered the Track spoiler from AutoNation, they were the best price around

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Thanks guys, I ordered the Track spoiler from AutoNation, they were the best price around
You will be glad you went with OEM. Fits great and factory absolute black color (in bright fluorescent light has flakes of blue in it). I put it on mine, balances the car, back just looks a little weak with small tech pack decklid spoiler.

You will have to fight the original foam tape glue used to install the factory spoiler at the factory, I used a plastic painters spatula to assist with removal making sure to clean it on every pass so I don't scratch the paint if dirt gets on it.

P.S. The footprint of the track pack spoiler is a little bigger than the tech pack spoiler, so if you accidentally cause any small scratches you won't notice them once they are under the track pack spoiler so no need to buff them out. DO NOT use anything metal though, that will cause permanent scratches.

Last edited:

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
You will be glad you went with OEM. Fits great and factory absolute black color (in bright fluorescent light has flakes of blue in it). I put it on mine, balances the car, back just looks a little weak with small tech pack decklid spoiler.

You will have to fight the original foam tape glue used to install the factory spoiler at the factory, I used a plastic painters spatula to assist with removal making sure to clean it on every pass so I don't scratch the paint if dirt gets on it.
To the point above forum member 50Deep has a good write up on swapping on the track pack spoiler.

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I used a hair dryer to get some heat on it which certainly helped. Also some fishing line to help separate the tape.

+1 on 50s write up, very clear and one of the first to make the swap.
Sponsored