HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Im very surprised that there hasnt been a class action already in the works for this issue...its obviously an issue across the board and for those that already had the evap core replaced and had it go out again, that evap should be warrantied for the same amount of time from the install date... anyone in here have any attorney friends???
I doubt a suit could be won although the publicity of a suit might cause Ford to give an extended warranty. I mean they are fixing them under warranty. Car makers don't automatically fix something outside of warranty or why even specify a warranty. They might give a discount on a case by case basis or offer an extend warranty if a problem is getting a lot of bad press.

Starting a warranty clock over when any part is replaced under warranty is not a good idea aside from that translate into higher MSRPs (sales have to pay for all warranty work). You think insurance fraud is a problem? Just imagine the same type of person, making parts fail near the end of warranty to keep the clock running forever.
Sponsored

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Never knew about GEICO MBI. I have GEICO, and I would have purchased this if I had known. :frusty: About to roll over 40,000 miles.
I've paid maybe $500 into the plan total ($250 in premiums over two years and the $250 deductible they require. Completely worth it and virtually no hassle.

Can't recommend it enough.

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
I've paid maybe $500 into the plan total ($250 in premiums over two years and the $250 deductible they require. Completely worth it and virtually no hassle.

Can't recommend it enough.
What all have you claimed? I'm curious. Thanks

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
In looking for more info on this situation I came across this article from a few years ago, which is LOL-worthy in an ironic way:

https://talkbusiness.net/2015/06/ford-motor-recognizes-denso-for-quality-of-hvac-units/
"The World Excellence Awards honor production and non-production suppliers that have exceeded Ford’s highest standards in cost, quality, technology and delivery."

(But I have no idea if Denso or MACI is the supplier for the S550 Mustang's HVAC parts.)

articrandom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang
I took mine and they found the amount of refrigerant to be low so they recharged it with refrigerant that had UV dye. They checked for leaks and couldn't find anything. AC works fine 5 days after... told me to go back if it stops blowing cold and will revisit with Ford. Anyone had the dealer do this (recharge and check for leaks once it stops working) to them? How long did it take before it stopped blowing cold?

Sponsored

Stroked84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
My lease is up and my warranty is over. I'm at 39 months/29,200 miles. Just had my car in for a diagnostic for a whirring/whining sound just like last year when they replaced the evaporator core. Turns out this time it's the a/c compressor and that's $1200 to fix. I was going to buy this car out, but I'm probably just going to turn it in now. Pretty pissed off that this isn't considered to be related to the problem I originally took it in for considering the symptoms are exactly the same.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

fury88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GT Premium Convertible - Legend Lime
I took mine and they found the amount of refrigerant to be low so they recharged it with refrigerant that had UV dye. They checked for leaks and couldn't find anything. AC works fine 5 days after... told me to go back if it stops blowing cold and will revisit with Ford. Anyone had the dealer do this (recharge and check for leaks once it stops working) to them? How long did it take before it stopped blowing cold?
Tell them to check for a pinched hose behind the radiator. That’s what happens to mine. They couldn’t find the leak the first time but it was hidden behind a panel.

bschoon55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 2 SS 1LE, Former 2018 Mustang GT.
Guys... I just got my car back 1 1/2 weeks ago after getting a new evaporator in it to "repair" the evaporator core leak. I can't smell anything crazy and the A/C feels great... but I feel dizzy/sick almost every time I drive the car now.

I bought a carbon monoxide detector that should arrive tomorrow. Something really doesn't feel right. Am I going crazy or is something bad really happening here? Guess I'll find out soon.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
How long are you in the car before you get this feeling? Keep in mind that carbon monoxide poisoning is cumulative, and it takes a long time to flush the body. If your detector shows positive results, please see your doctor.

Sponsored

bschoon55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 2 SS 1LE, Former 2018 Mustang GT.
How long are you in the car before you get this feeling? Keep in mind that carbon monoxide poisoning is cumulative, and it takes a long time to flush the body. If your detector shows positive results, please see your doctor.
Probably about 10 min or so.... I normally really feel it when I drive to/from work, that's about a 20-25 min. commute each way.

SleepyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Have had a couple issues with the AC on my 2016 Ecoboost now and I think I might be one and done with Ford after the way this car has had issues/been treated by the dealer.

1. Leaky Schraeder Valve replaced in a day and refrigerant topped off

2. Ac stopped blowing cold, Dealer replaced AC Evap only to find the replacement part had a broken blender door and they replaced that part with a new one

3. AC doesn't blow super cold on lowest setting, feels like its closer to high 60's but its ways better than no AC

4. Car was returned with ok-ish AC and a floppy/loose hand brake. The hand brake doesn't sit flush and it activates on its own.

IsolatedSnail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deep Impact Blue GT/CS
My AC is acting up and on the fritz again. I'm planning to take it in either later this afternoon or Monday morning, this will be the 4th time to have AC problems.

Has anyone talked with Ford about lemon law or trade assist scenarios? I'm curious if they would be receptive to a decent trade assist or if I should just move forward with official lemon proceedings by sending a certified letter when my inevitable 5th repair comes up. I'm only at 17k miles, I fully expect to have more failures before the warranty goes up.

Captdistraction

Not the Stig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT350 Tech Pack, 2011 Mustang Racecar, 2011 Raptor
Finally got the car back, and unfortunately Summer is here in AZ.

They replaced a compressor in my car but not the evap housing. Supposedly recharged.

The car blows cool air in mornings, but in the afternoon you can't tell its working unless you're cruising at 70mph and put your hands on the vents. Everywhere I go I sweat, which is frustrating as I am half time a suit/tie person. That's the third repair attempt, going to go test drive a new mustang this weekend to see if that's the case with all of them.

My last mustang wasn't nearly as problematic from a air conditioning standpoint.

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
Joined the club sooner than I expected. 16k miles. Said fuck it and went to Walmart and found a sealer for metal and rubber and the cheapest can of r134 with a dummy gauge. Didn't feel like getting my gauges out. System holds 21oz so I figured 16oz would put it just about right because the system still had enough to blow cold at idle, but nothing higher. Now it's blowing cold and I hope the sealer lasts a while.
20180622_195652-1024x1820.jpg
Sponsored